Scientists have found a new element “Corbynium” - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 17-03-2019, 17:17 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Scientists have found a new element “Corbynium”

New element added to the Atomic Table . .

The densest element known to man has been found.

CORBYNIUM

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to man. The new element has been named Corbynium

Corbynium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 233 assistant deputy Neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311.

These particles are held together by dense forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

The symbol for Corbynium will be RS (pronounced ‘xxxx’’).

Corbynium’s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Corbynium molecule, leading to the formation of “iso-dopes”.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Corbynium is formed whenever morons reach a certain density of voting concentration.

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table just above the classification of “Amoeba".

Apologies - CORRECTION:-

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table

Just BELOW the classification of “Amoeba”.

fdhadi, Westbay and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, it’s in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with

Last edited by Mrplodd; 17-03-2019 at 17:21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 17-03-2019, 17:38

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Just a couple of minor errors from a scientific background.....

While I agree with most of your definition, elements are rarely named after individuals now but after places where they formulate or foundered, so in this case it would be Parliamentium as the total composition there fulfills that characteristic definition.

Secondly, as a biologist I must raise a major objection to your utilisation of "Amoeba" or more correctly "Amoeba proteus" in this definition: Amoeba proteus is a simple single celled organism that has survived for very many millions of years (we do not know it's exact birthday as such organisms do not feature in the fossil records). As such any comparison with "Corbynium" is unfair to the Protoctista of which Amoeba proteus is an example is impossible to accept, as it is very unlikely that the name you chose to use is likely to be around in 5 years, some may say 5 months is 4+1 too many....

I hope that you will accept these changes for the most dense element ever discovered; Parliamentium.
fdhadi likes this.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Last edited by Penquin; 17-03-2019 at 17:40.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 17-03-2019, 19:29

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Just a couple of minor errors from a scientific background.....

While I agree with most of your definition, elements are rarely named after individuals now but after places where they formulate or foundered, so in this case it would be Parliamentium as the total composition there fulfills that characteristic definition.

Secondly, as a biologist I must raise a major objection to your utilisation of "Amoeba" or more correctly "Amoeba proteus" in this definition: Amoeba proteus is a simple single celled organism that has survived for very many millions of years (we do not know it's exact birthday as such organisms do not feature in the fossil records). As such any comparison with "Corbynium" is unfair to the Protoctista of which Amoeba proteus is an example is impossible to accept, as it is very unlikely that the name you chose to use is likely to be around in 5 years, some may say 5 months is 4+1 too many....

I hope that you will accept these changes for the most dense element ever discovered; Parliamentium.

Clever bugger!
fdhadi, Penquin and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Barry

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 15:00

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
New element added to the Atomic Table . .

The densest element known to man has been found.

CORBYNIUM

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to man. The new element has been named Corbynium. You can find more infarmation at https://edubirdie.com/correct-my-essay about this research. Corbynium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 233 assistant deputy Neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311.

These particles are held together by dense forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

The symbol for Corbynium will be RS (pronounced ‘xxxx’’).

Corbynium’s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Corbynium molecule, leading to the formation of “iso-dopes”.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Corbynium is formed whenever morons reach a certain density of voting concentration.

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table just above the classification of “Amoeba".

Apologies - CORRECTION:-

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table

Just BELOW the classification of “Amoeba”.

Hi. Is this reallly Corbynium? I found some articles about Governmentium. So what name is correct?

Last edited by patriciaDuncan; 25-04-2019 at 15:02. Reason: grammar
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 15:17

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I wait to be enlightened also......

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of Ł750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 15:38

My Motorhome: I drive…Eldiss Autoquest 185
If I may add tentatively to this debate, I would like to point out that I have never heard of “Governmentium” or Corbynium.”

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but in old Latin, Londinium, referring to what eventually became London, not the “City of London”, but London Town, was a pre-Roman and possible pre-Celtic enclave of displaced sailors from Europe who were trying to establish some sort of civilisation in these cold parts. No reason was ever given for this misguided venture, so we can only guess their reasoning.

As it happens, “governmentium” is a corrupt spelling of “government dementium” in the singular and when more than one MP is involved, it should be in the plural of dementia. This is a similar mental condition brought on by living or working too close to the murky waters of the River Thames in the vicinity of SW1.

It seems that the stench infiltrates to the brain through the olfactory nerves attacking the remnants of cerebral matter retained from a substandard educational system hung over from the 1970’s. Tragic it maybe, but it is the consequence of previous misguided souls who were victims, and so were we, of their multi delusional states that they knew better than us how to run a country.

As to Corbynium, well, I can’t inflict too much on you at one time so I will save that for later.

William
raynipper likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 16:42

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Krikey Willum, you don't 'alf know a lot of...😃 'istory.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 17:16

One of the benefits of getting old is that through the years you have seen a lot, done a lot. They difficulty is in remembering it all and not taking it too seriously.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 25-04-2019, 17:53

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
Such an easy target - where's the bacon sandwich when you need one ?

The Labour Party's not having much luck with leaders recently, are they ?

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-04-2019, 16:21

Hi Keith,

The problem with the bacon sandwich is that it makes me feel like a pig.

W.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page