Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Jokes & Trivia (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/48-jokes-trivia/)
-   -   Scientists have found a new element “Corbynium” (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/48-jokes-trivia/235655-scientists-have-found-new-element-corbynium.html)

Mrplodd 17-03-2019 17:17

Scientists have found a new element “Corbynium”

New element added to the Atomic Table . .

The densest element known to man has been found.

CORBYNIUM

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to man. The new element has been named Corbynium

Corbynium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 233 assistant deputy Neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311.

These particles are held together by dense forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

The symbol for Corbynium will be RS (pronounced ‘xxxx’’).

Corbynium’s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Corbynium molecule, leading to the formation of “iso-dopes”.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Corbynium is formed whenever morons reach a certain density of voting concentration.

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table just above the classification of “Amoeba".

Apologies - CORRECTION:-

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table

Just BELOW the classification of “Amoeba”.

:wink2:

Penquin 17-03-2019 17:38

Just a couple of minor errors from a scientific background.....

While I agree with most of your definition, elements are rarely named after individuals now but after places where they formulate or foundered, so in this case it would be Parliamentium as the total composition there fulfills that characteristic definition.

Secondly, as a biologist I must raise a major objection to your utilisation of "Amoeba" or more correctly "Amoeba proteus" in this definition: Amoeba proteus is a simple single celled organism that has survived for very many millions of years (we do not know it's exact birthday as such organisms do not feature in the fossil records). As such any comparison with "Corbynium" is unfair to the Protoctista of which Amoeba proteus is an example is impossible to accept, as it is very unlikely that the name you chose to use is likely to be around in 5 years, some may say 5 months is 4+1 too many....

I hope that you will accept these changes for the most dense element ever discovered; Parliamentium.

Matchlock 17-03-2019 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penquin (Post 3021265)
Just a couple of minor errors from a scientific background.....

While I agree with most of your definition, elements are rarely named after individuals now but after places where they formulate or foundered, so in this case it would be Parliamentium as the total composition there fulfills that characteristic definition.

Secondly, as a biologist I must raise a major objection to your utilisation of "Amoeba" or more correctly "Amoeba proteus" in this definition: Amoeba proteus is a simple single celled organism that has survived for very many millions of years (we do not know it's exact birthday as such organisms do not feature in the fossil records). As such any comparison with "Corbynium" is unfair to the Protoctista of which Amoeba proteus is an example is impossible to accept, as it is very unlikely that the name you chose to use is likely to be around in 5 years, some may say 5 months is 4+1 too many....

I hope that you will accept these changes for the most dense element ever discovered; Parliamentium.

Clever bugger!

patriciaDuncan 25-04-2019 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrplodd (Post 3021261)
New element added to the Atomic Table . .

The densest element known to man has been found.

CORBYNIUM

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to man. The new element has been named Corbynium. You can find more infarmation at https://edubirdie.com/correct-my-essay about this research. Corbynium has 1 neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons and 233 assistant deputy Neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311.

These particles are held together by dense forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

The symbol for Corbynium will be RS (pronounced ‘xxxx’’).

Corbynium’s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Corbynium molecule, leading to the formation of “iso-dopes”.

This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Corbynium is formed whenever morons reach a certain density of voting concentration.

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table just above the classification of “Amoeba".

Apologies - CORRECTION:-

Corbynium will appear on the Periodic Table

Just BELOW the classification of “Amoeba”.

:wink2:

Hi. Is this reallly Corbynium? I found some articles about Governmentium. So what name is correct?

raynipper 25-04-2019 15:17

I wait to be enlightened also......:nerd:

Ray.

desert song 25-04-2019 15:38

If I may add tentatively to this debate, I would like to point out that I have never heard of “Governmentium” or Corbynium.”

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but in old Latin, Londinium, referring to what eventually became London, not the “City of London”, but London Town, was a pre-Roman and possible pre-Celtic enclave of displaced sailors from Europe who were trying to establish some sort of civilisation in these cold parts. No reason was ever given for this misguided venture, so we can only guess their reasoning.

As it happens, “governmentium” is a corrupt spelling of “government dementium” in the singular and when more than one MP is involved, it should be in the plural of dementia. This is a similar mental condition brought on by living or working too close to the murky waters of the River Thames in the vicinity of SW1.

It seems that the stench infiltrates to the brain through the olfactory nerves attacking the remnants of cerebral matter retained from a substandard educational system hung over from the 1970’s. Tragic it maybe, but it is the consequence of previous misguided souls who were victims, and so were we, of their multi delusional states that they knew better than us how to run a country.

As to Corbynium, well, I can’t inflict too much on you at one time so I will save that for later.

William

JanHank 25-04-2019 16:42

Krikey Willum, you don't 'alf know a lot of...😃 'istory.

desert song 25-04-2019 17:16

One of the benefits of getting old is that through the years you have seen a lot, done a lot. They difficulty is in remembering it all and not taking it too seriously.

KeithChesterfield 25-04-2019 17:53

Such an easy target - where's the bacon sandwich when you need one ?

The Labour Party's not having much luck with leaders recently, are they ?

:nerd:

desert song 26-04-2019 16:21

Hi Keith,

The problem with the bacon sandwich is that it makes me feel like a pig.

W.