Was that you . . . - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-06-2015, 20:02

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
I don't think it is a joke

But some of us can afford to trundle

We have time

Some can't

My kids need to get on with it

They have to get back to work

Aldra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-06-2015, 20:34

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Why is 54 important to the OP? Why not 56 along with the lorries?
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 26-06-2015, 22:43

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
I think on a motorway you may as well go as fast as possible. Ive tried staying at 55 and its impossible. It feels so slow you inevitably creep up to 65 - 70. I do try and avoid them in the van though but that dreadful trip down to Dover is always in the way and there is no way Im doing it at 54 mph although I Could have jogged back home from the south up the M1 this evening faster than the traffic.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 06:17

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
As an ex white van man courier I am in no rush these days, speed kills so kill your speed, arrive whenever you arrive, enjoy the journey, use motorways, they do go through some beautiful countryside, slow down and snatch a glance now and then, treat a hold up as a bonus, time to look around, assuming you're not one of the last minute types, everything done in a rush, no enjoyment and worse because of it.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 27-06-2015, 07:47
GMJ

Location: Beautiful West Wales - between Carmarthen and Llandeilo
My Motorhome: 2012 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post

...Ive tried staying at 55 and its impossible. It feels so slow you inevitably creep up to 65 - 70....

The first thing I got fitted to my last MH was cruise control (with 2 presets which I set to 55 and 50).

Luckily the new one has CC so no creeping for me

Graham

Myself and my wife love to SKI...

...as in, Spending the Kids Inheritance

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 28-06-2015, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Why is 54 important to the OP? Why not 56 along with the lorries?
I think that was the point the OP was making, he was complaining about another driver going too slowly.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 28-06-2015, 20:06

If the vehicle in front is going to slow for your liking overtake them,simple.
On the motorway I average 60-70mph never have a problem with someone going to slow,just overtake them.
Enjoying the journey at a sedate speed is not a crime,just part of the experience.
I find if I go any faster I seem to experience turbulence from the faster vehicles passing which makes my vehicle swerve around and makes the journey less enjoyable as I am fighting to keep control of my vehicle.
Each to their own.

Men have status.Boys are busy updating theirs.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 20:34 Thread Starter

I was complaining about 54mph specifically. Lorries, like myself, can only do 56mph maximum so some bozo doing 54mph when they can do any speed they like above or below that, is really annoying and are obviously unaware of the vehicles around them. Trying to over take a M/H at that differential takes a while especially annoying is when they then speed up again because they have finished looking at the hedgerows or some such. All I ask is some consideration for lorry drivers that have a driving time limit to cope with as well.
John
rayrecrok and rayrecrok like this.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I was complaining about 54mph specifically. Lorries, like myself, can only do 56mph maximum so some bozo doing 54mph when they can do any speed they like above or below that, is really annoying and are obviously unaware of the vehicles around them. Trying to over take a M/H at that differential takes a while especially annoying is when they then speed up again because they have finished looking at the hedgerows or some such. All I ask is some consideration for lorry drivers that have a driving time limit to cope with as well.
John
I hadn't realised you were driving a lorry in the OP and just assumed you would have easily been able to overtake the "bozo".... Unlike when I get stuck behind a lorry in the outside lane of a two lane motorway and doing 56.00 mph, taking turns with his mate from the same company, who is doing 55.99 mph in the inside lane.

I might think a few choice names for them, but won't allow anger in to the equation as that is their choice as professional drivers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page