MHF Insurance - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 24-11-2011, 20:20

I'd assumed that since the policy is similar to / administered by the same brokers as Comfort, the arrangements regards no claims bonus was the same. If so, basically it means there isn't one. They assess the risk based on your motorhome/location/usage, but don't apply and NCD. I think if you move on elsewhere, you'd still have your NCD from the last place and they'd provide a record of you being claim free, which should be enough to satisfy your next insurer. At least that's how I understand it. May be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 24-11-2011, 20:34

My Motorhome: Swift Rio 320
Thank you, I now understand what I was told on the phone.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 29-01-2012, 10:31

Quick Action

Morning All

I've not been driving the van for about 9 months [but others have] during the 'work up' for some expensive cardiac surgery - the implanted box cost over £18 grand and there were about 20 people in the theatre for half a day. BUT the result is worth at least £1 million - magic ... just magic <vbg>

Point is, now that I'm OK'd to drive by DVLA I obviously have to tell the insurance companies. I wrote to them. MHF insurance replied with their OK the next day by email including a new KeyFacts document to print to complete the job.

THANK YOU MHF insurance: I am impressed.

I'm still waiting for Saga and MCE to even acknowledge receiving the letters sent to them!

It is too dodgey to assume they have amended their database. Indeed the hospital carefully cautioned me to be sure I had written acknowledgment from insurers before driving which sounded very much as if it was based on others' bitter experience.

On another tack ... sadly MHF insurance don't do bikes or cars

Some time ago I P/E'd the old bike for a brand new one and asked MCE to copy transfer docs to the shop so the shop could tax it as promised. At renewal 6 months later MCE sent the renewal docs by email to the shop. I chased and chased [then got badly distracted]. Just before Xmas I started again and asked MCE to send me a copy of that email. They were very blunt ...£32 ... to send a copy of an email even though they were in the wrong!!!

Hmmmmm ... Methinks they must be in some difficulties: if not, I anticipate I would have a right old hassle if I had to make a claim in the few months still to run on that insurance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page