• 1 Post By Webby1
  • 1 Post By raynipper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2021, 06:49 Thread Starter
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Insurance renewal

Last year I insured with AIB and it was a right PITA I can tell you. Despite my asking and being told I would have my docs posted to me, I had to chase 3 times to eventually get them. I was firstly told they had been sent and then another set was sent (the PO was blamed due to Covid!!...somehow!). Then I was told that they didn't send out documents as they were 'Green' (trying to save money I'd say). Then, when I got hold of the person who runs them and played merry hell, I eventually got them!

I was dreading the renewal process this year tbh.

I rang them and despite my doing less than 2k miles and despite insurance premiums being widely reported as dropping for vehicles, they decided that their best price was some £103 more than last year!

Comfort were even more expensive which was a shame as I have always found them to be very efficient (despite being part of the same company as AIB).

I rang Safeguard who were very efficient and they came in at £121 cheaper than AIB which was a price £18 cheaper than last year's insurance!!

I was over the moon. The documents also duly arrived in the post. Very happy with the price and the service thus far. The insurance also includes recovery, rescue etc both at home and abroad.

Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2021, 09:35

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Just to add to the general confusion.............or rather to say with insurance quotes always expect the unexpected.

We have been with Comfort for 6 years with only slight increases but because they stopped offering a Green Card for Morocco we decided to change.In the end their price had gone up by over £100 anyway.

Too expensive with Saga despite their promise of a free Green Card.Eventually went with LV.................it was over £100 cheaper than Comfort had ever been and they would offer the Morocco green card..........at a price we'll find out later........but it was £250 with Comfort.

LV keep referring to only a car policy but I have checked in detail that it covers a motorhome.

So all this goes to prove that.............................err ??????????????
GMJ likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great Ö...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2021, 10:37

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Reading experiences like the above always makes me feel happy about our very small annual increases of Ä4 or Ä6 to insurance renewals here in France.
And again due to covid our mileage (kms) has been much less than usual and both cars qualified for refunds of Ä60 and Ä120.

Ray.
GMJ likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page