2Likes
  • 1 Post By KeithChesterfield
  • 1 Post By Webby1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 18:13 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Motorhome insurance

We are insured by comfort, including breakdown

This year has come in more expensive even though the van has not left the drive for over a year, actually 18 months with interviewing cancer and probably wonít for another 6 months

No reduction they say

So we are less than pleased

Should we get separate breakdown?

Is over £500 reasonable for 10 yr old van with a mileage of 45,000, that hasnít reached anything like the insured mileage for two years

We have made one claim in 10 yrs, we caught a parked car, a very old battered car with the scooter hydralift and scratched the side

Iím thinking third party wonít save much

What do you think?

Sandra,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 18:59

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Sandra we have the same Adria as you and have been with Comfort from the start.
But they have stopped issuing green cards for Morocco so we looked around, as we hope January 2022 might see us in Marrakesh.

We got a great quote from LV of £386 including EU breakdown cover which is almost £100 cheaper than Comfort.............of course postcode makes a big difference but give them a try.

I suggest you phone cos the online is set up for cars and does not have a dropdown listing for motorhomes

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great Ö...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Webby1 For This Useful Post:
aldra (15-04-2021)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 19:36 Thread Starter

We will try Webby

It really annoys that it means nothing that youíve been with them for years

And new customers no doubt get a better deal

It may of course be our postcode, a lot of high speed cars and young people who tear around in fast cars

Did I ever complain about where I live?

It makes a difference even though I donít mean to sound racist I live slap bang in the middle of a well to do area of people who ignore me

Iím the wrong religion

Which is so strange as Ihave really no religion

Just a God

But I believe he had a son

So I guess that counts me out

Sandra

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 19:46

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
We have insurance with AIB for just over £400 fully Comp for two drivers and Legal cover.
I have recorded medical issues (DVLA informed), vehicle cover £40,000, mileage around 35,000 and I'm getting up to 80 years old.
Separate Breakdown cover with Green Flag.
And I'm covered for racing -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KC Race AA.jpg (50.1 KB, 4 views)
raynipper likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g
The Following User Says Thank You to KeithChesterfield For This Useful Post:
aldra (15-04-2021)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 19:59

Sandra.................don't spoil it all .............I have told you before that we live in a similar area...........a lot of young people tearing round in fast cars...............it's not because they are Asian......... it's because they are lads and blokes and we know what they are like.

I am sure when those P*kis arrived they felt ignored and badly treated by their neighbours because they had a different religion.

BUT BUT this is about insurance and really no need for those comments................

Comfort were very good and extended our Green Card at their own expense last year,when we were locked down in Morocco.....that's loyalty.

So no complaints......they just cannot get the cover from Aviva for those Green Cards.
aldra likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

Life is really, really great Ö...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 22:52

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,014 Posts
Personal Aire
Try AIB Sandra. Sounds expensive that to me. I think ours is just over half that including breakdown. If you mention you are a member of Motorhome Fruitcakes you should get a discount! Seriously.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 23:03

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Are these breakdown covers included in your insurance full breakdown cover?
Remember the Navajo broke down and I thought I was covered with my insurance, but it was only cover to take me to the nearest ADAC garage.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 15-04-2021, 23:10

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
The Camping and Caravan Club. I was first attracted to them because the offered the more than 90 days breakdown in Europe and away from home. But they are reasonable don't pressurise will point out any discounts you and are very approachable. Don't underright themselves I think it's LV at the moment not sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glandwr For This Useful Post:
aldra (16-04-2021)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 16-04-2021, 10:19

Yours must definitely be cheap because of your location @barryd...................

But we were happy with that price.Just over half what Saga quoted and cheaper than Comfort.

I guess it's better to compare what you have paid before and what you're being quoted and not think about what others are paying.

Peter and Carmel

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 16-04-2021, 12:40 Thread Starter

Problem is the type and frequency of the claims made which is reflected in the postcode

Itís becoming more and more common for people to claim for personal injury regardless if such injury occurs

A few years ago I had a slight brush with a car, I was stopped at the time and felt nothing other than a feeling Iíd run over a empty plastic bottle

Checking the car that I had allegedly run into I noticed their bumper was completely shreded on both sides

The two men were very intimidating and I gave my address and phone number although I could see no damage other than a slight black mark at bumper height at the back left hand side of my car

I informed my insurance immediately as I felt something was wrong, next day I received a letter from a solicitor informing me that the two men in the car were claiming personal injury

I informed my insurance, emphasising there was minimum contact with my car and definitely no braking or swerving by the other car, but that their bumper was severely shreded and filthy and had been for quite some time

The insurance sent someone to check my car and virtually removed the mark with his hand, he told it was now common for ď accidentsĒ to be staged for insurance claims in certain areas

They obviously did not pay on the claim and I heard no more, Iíve witnessed many accidents as I live on a roundabout, and every time within minutes a large crowd of men have arrived on scene,obviously local to get there so quickly and it must be very intimidating to be involved in an accident

The same thing happened when a car drove into the side of Alberts car, from between a a row of stationary cars at the traffic lights ,he was surrounded in minutes by men shouting it was his fault as he had run into the other car (sideway?)

A witness for Albert who had filmed the accident on her dash cam requested to the insurance that her name and address be withheld as she felt so intimidated at the scene

Within hours we had a visitor offering to repair Alberts car and offered him a curtsy car if he did not go through his insurance, I often wonder if the elderly gentleman driving the vehicle that crossed the central line on the main road from a side road and drove into the side of Alberts had a licence to drive

A cultural difference maybe.?

Anyway Albert claimed merely for the damage to the car, not for any personal injury

Sandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page