Insurance for a van in Spain. Help needed. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-05-2018, 15:44

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We were able to get a 50% NCD discount by showing our insurance agent here in France our old English renewal certs showing more than 9 years of claim free insurance.

Ray.
MyGalSal and MyGalSal like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-05-2018, 15:55

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Having a car insured in Spain for the last 20 years i will be suprised if you will find comprensive insurance a less than 600 euros or third party at less than 250 euro remember in Spain the car is insured for any driver
The Following User Says Thank You to bilbaoman For This Useful Post:
MyGalSal (23-05-2018)
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-05-2018, 19:42

My Motorhome: I drive... Hymer B550 Skyline
Just to change the subject a bit.........

I just noticed that MyGalSal intends to go for residency in Spain.
After all the necessary paperwork is done, it is necessary to enter the Spanish tax system.
Otherwise residency is not actually achieved. Talk to a Spanish gestor at the appropriate time.

Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to bc109 For This Useful Post:
MyGalSal (24-05-2018)

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-05-2018, 21:38

Tax residency is only required if you spend more than 183 days a year in Spain but you must register with your local town hall for padron to pay your car tax and property taxes
MyGalSal (24-05-2018)
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 24-05-2018, 18:42 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Bürstner City Car C540 and Kip caravan
I have registered at the town hall to get the padron thingy. The dealership where we are buying the car required it. So, so far we have NIE and the Padron thingy 😀. I have arranged the S1 form for medical and when that arrives the next step will be applying for residency but! before we do that final step I need to find out how that affects our UK property. I hear various rumours but would like to find out for myself.

I had another quote today for insurance, from the agent Liberty Seguros transferred me to when they asked my area - Barcelona. €610 fully comp with an excess of €600. That compares poorly to another Liberty agent’s (I contacted directly, advertised on the web as www.insuranceinspain.com) quote of €470 - but that was for a max of €40,000. She has yet to get back to me for a true quote for the value of the van. I also await an email from the dealership who say have emailed me a quote. Still haven’t received that one. I have discovered Allianz have an office in my town so I will pay them a visit tomorrow. The phone number listed did not work so who knows.

Onward!

Sal'
erneboy and erneboy like this.

I'm on the road again
Going places I have never been
Going places I may never see again
Just can't wait to be on the road again

Willie Nelson says it all.

Last edited by MyGalSal; 24-05-2018 at 18:52. Reason: Typo
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 24-05-2018, 21:04

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
If you aren't living in Spain NIE and padron will be enough to have a local vehicle Sal.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 24-05-2018, 22:28

When your S1 form is returned from the UK you will be issued a card by the local health department you can then register with a gp you have to pay 10% of the cost of pescriptions up to 8euros a month.You still have to apply to the UK to renew your E111.As for tax implications take professional advice both in Spain and UK.
MyGalSal (26-05-2018)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 25-05-2018, 07:32

My Motorhome: I drive... Hymer B550 Skyline
Sal

I trust you are registered with a GP in the UK. Make a note of the clinic address.
Alarming article in the Guardian yesterday about a person making a visit to the UK having to pay for medical treatment, although receiving a UK pension and paying tax. Having a UK passport didn't seem to make a difference. The salient point seems to be that during her time working in the UK she never registered with a GP.
When I attended a clinic in the UK last year for a minor problem, my National Insurance number allowed the front desk to find my last clinic visited some 16 years ago, and I was challenged to confirm my last address.
Only now have I understood the significance of that action. Apparently the law changed in 2015 about treatment for people classed as visitors. Bizarre ? It's hard to believe.

Don't become a visitor !
Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to bc109 For This Useful Post:
MyGalSal (26-05-2018)
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 25-05-2018, 16:35 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Bürstner City Car C540 and Kip caravan
When I lived in Saudi and was on a visit to the UK I visited a doctor and was charged £35. That was in the early eighties and we were paying our National Insurance contributions whilst abroad.
Last week, when I applied to the Ministry in Newcastle,(my home town as it happens) they told me that when I received my S1 (in three to four weeks and they post it to your Spanish address) I had to register it with the INSS (social security I think) and that if, when I was on a visit to the UK and I needed medical treatment I should be sure to tell the doctor my Spanish address otherwise my NHS would automatically transfer back to UK. I don’t know about paying in the UK if you have the Spanish health card. I would assume it works in the same way the EHIC does here. They also said I would have to apply for some other kind of EHIC - I forget the name, something like EHIC-E, I will have to look it up again my mind is so full of stuff at the moment - for travelling in other European countries like France etc. Which reminds me because I will be travelling through France in July. I am not in a hurry to apply for residency but the looming possible changes to all our lives are in the not too distant future - I am not going to say the B... word -and it makes one think.

So the dealership has come up trumps. They have sourced Zalba-Caldu, fully comp at less than €500 pa with an excess also of less than €500. It includes travel insurance and an unlimited time in UK France etc. Oh, and it covers total value of the vehicle unlike some nonsense from a firm I contacted. That’ll do for me.

Thanks all for all help and advice. I will close off this thread with a pic next week when I have successfully collected van etc.its busy being registered etc right now.

Sal

I'm on the road again
Going places I have never been
Going places I may never see again
Just can't wait to be on the road again

Willie Nelson says it all.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 25-05-2018, 17:26

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
great

pleased you have it sorted

barry
The Following User Says Thank You to powerplus For This Useful Post:
MyGalSal (26-05-2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page