Satellite tv problem, no signal!! - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 19:19 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies,

I remember accidentally slamming part of the cable in the garage door of the van so thought that it could be the cable. However, I tested it by connecting it to the current house sky cable using a coupling joint and then connecting the suspect cable to the box, hey presto signal was full!! This got me worried that it was the dish

However, I tried the sat finder on the house dish again and it was giving nothing and this dish is perfectly alligned. So I tried to allign the multimo without the sat finder. I knew the general direction so just turned it bit by bit very slowly, then all of a sudden the tv showed full signal and quality

This proved it wasn't the dish so must be the sat finder. So im off tomorrow to get a new sat finder from Maplins.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 20:32

Re: Satellite tv problem, no signal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-rapido
Hi All,

I asked a while back about the best satellite system for a novice. We decided to go for a Multimo dish and bush receiver.

It took me a while to get used to setting it up but up until last week everything was going fine. I would point the dish East and turn slowly to the South until the sat finder give a high pitch tone and showed 10. I then turned down the gain and moved the dish a little more if needed. I then disconnected the sat finder and joined the wires with a coupling (did it this way to ensure I didnt move the dish while disconnecting the sat finder).

However, over the last week we have failed to get signal in a few different locations including at home where we have had signal a few weeks ago.

The sat finder gain is set to around -2 and it does the usual beep once the satellite is found. However, the tv shows no signal and no quality and no lock. I spent 2 hours trying everything the other day but still nothing. However, at one point SWMBO said that the signal and quality went upto full and the lock said ok but this was while I was turning the dish and the sat finder didnt indicate a signal?

I have now tried to find the fault by using the house system. I connected our house fitted dish to the receiver and it showed full signal, full quality and lock indicator ok. So its not the receiver at fault. I then tried to allign the multimo dish, the signal finder beeped and showed full, but I then connected the finder at the end of the cable by the receiver and it showed nothing!? I then connected it to the house end of the fitted dish cable and even on 6 (full gain) it showed nothing :S This cant be right as I know the house dish is alligned correctly.

This is indicating to me that the satellite finder is faulty? I also thought this on the weekend when SWMBO said the receiver showed signal while the finder showed nothing.

It could also be the cable but I doubt this as its really good quality stuff and the sat finder has power so there cant be any breaks.

Im really hoping its not the dish but could this be possible? My neighbour suggested it could be the polarity set up on the dish but this means nothing to me??

I will be really grateful for any suggestions, its starting to drive me mad now especially with the digital switchover complete, we are finding it a lot harder to get digital stations due to the location of sites, hence the decision to get a satellite system which I thought would be easier than digital and more reliable

Thanks
Ian
Polarity is swiched by the power voltage to the LNB and is automatic
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 15:15

My Motorhome: I drive...
hi i have just bought an autotrail with a sat dish built in, and a tv as part of the media package, that tv works fine but when i try to install an additinal tv to sky in the rear of the Mhome to a pre installed tv point i am geting a no signal sign from the tv via the sky box any idea"s out there ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page