Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Satellite TV (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/44-satellite-tv/)
-   -   Comet 15" TV offer (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/44-satellite-tv/56575-comet-15-tv-offer.html)

06-08-2009 01:20

Comet 15" TV offer

Comet Electricals have a good offer on at the moment 15" flat screen TV c/w Freeview, DVD drive, HD ready and 12v input All for 140!
For an extra 44 you can have five years guarantee new for old replacement.

Model: Kenmark LVD1586D It has all the usual features like auto tune.

I know three people who have bought - all delighted.

BTW I have no connection with Comet Electricals.

Tco

homenaway 06-08-2009 08:49

Hi,
Just bought a similar spec tv from Tesco's Technika brand for 129.97 and am pleased with it so far :)

but I am also getting a 12v stabiliser for another 40 odd (rather than an extended warranty) :(

Steve

greenasthegrass 06-08-2009 09:17

Can these be viewed at an angle with a decent picture? we have a tv hole slidey in cabinet thingy and its around 5 feet up so if you are sat down our tv you tend to get a bit of a dark image.

Greenie :lol:

96299 06-08-2009 09:37

31 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenasthegrass
Can these be viewed at an angle with a decent picture? we have a tv hole slidey in cabinet thingy and its around 5 feet up so if you are sat down our tv you tend to get a bit of a dark image.

Greenie :lol:

Hi Greenie

ours is about the same height as yours but our bracket allows us to tilt it up, down and left to right ect.

steve

tommytli 06-08-2009 10:03

Re: Comet 15" TV offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tco
Comet Electricals have a good offer on at the moment 15" flat screen TV c/w Freeview, DVD drive, HD ready and 12v input All for 140!
For an extra 44 you can have five years guarantee new for old replacement.

Model: Kenmark LVD1586D It has all the usual features like auto tune.

I know three people who have bought - all delighted.

BTW I have no connection with Comet Electricals.

Tco

ive just bougt this tv on tuesday ive mounted it in the motorhome and it has a really good picture well chuffed with it

Tobysmumndad 06-08-2009 10:49

Can you confirm it has 12V input? The Comet site doesn't say so in the spec.

tommytli 06-08-2009 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobysmumndad

yes can confirm 100% its 12v input

Tobysmumndad 06-08-2009 11:15

Jolly good, off we go to Comet then!

It'll be nice to bin our strange French telly, the instructions for which we've never fully understood, and take out the sideways-mounted DVD player in one of the overbed stowages!

:D

06-08-2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobysmumndad

Yes the only power input is 12v. It is driven by a transformer down from 240v. (supplied)

I noticed that ommission in the spec list too.

Tco.

Snelly 09-08-2009 06:58

Don't forget these tv's arn't protected against the voltage changes that you get in your camper... as a previous poster said, protect your set with a voltage regulator... lots of people will now post and tell you they have been running their tv straight from the battery for years with no adverse effects, but I can tell you about many more that have burnt sets out with over voltage!