Oyster Vision III Control Box Connections - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By HyFy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 13-11-2020, 17:18 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy G781GJ Emotion
Oyster Vision III Control Box Connections

Hi everyone,

I was just checking the motorhome yesterday and found that the Oyster Vision III had no power on the control panel. It was working fine just before the recent habitation check and I know that they fiddled with the TV because it wasn't locked back in place afterwards! But that's a whole other story.

I have checked the 12V supply to the Control Box and that is OK. The fuses are both intact. I have found two fairly substantial cables from the back of the 12V supply to the TV. They have spade female connectors. They don't seem to have a home. On the control box on the left hand end (opposite the power connections) are two spade males. There is a symbol next to these which is that of a switch. No polarity is marked. (See attached picture) Is this a relay so that when the TV is powered up the relay switches on the Oyster. That all seems logical but I don't fancy putting 12V across them if there is a polarity issue or I have it all wrong and it's not a switching relay!! I can't find an installation manual for this version online. Does anyone have a drawing of the connections to this version of Control Box or can confirm that it is a switching relay and that the polarity is not an issue (it shouldn't be if it is a relay).

Thanks in advance for any help.

HyFy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201113_160857.jpg (429.2 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 13-11-2020, 17:45

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
If you contact Oyster Sat-Tech Ltd they’ll keep you right, their customer service is great.
01858 575928, or use their Facebook page.

Terry
Attached Images
File Type: png C1C8F878-C2F0-4E30-BF0E-4A714388CE41_1605285882702.png (169.5 KB, 3 views)

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
HyFy (14-11-2020)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 13-11-2020, 17:48

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Manual may also help.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/83...?page=2#manual

Terry

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
HyFy (14-11-2020)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 14-11-2020, 15:23 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy G781GJ Emotion
Thanks for those quick replies. I have since found the relevant page in the User's Manual.

In fact I had the use of those spade terminals completely the wrong way around. They are to switch the TV off when the Oyster is not being used but as the AVTEX TV also supplies the power to the LNB you are not to connect them up in any case!!!!

But I still have a dead dish so I will certainly contact The Oyster sat tech people. Thanks for the information. Just for completeness I will post their advice.

HyFy
dghr272 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page