Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Satellite TV (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/44-satellite-tv/)
-   -   Humax query (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/44-satellite-tv/230730-humax-query.html)

raynipper 28-04-2018 16:39

Humax query

I have two Humax HDR's
The old 360GB on in the lounge works fine and can record two progs and sometimes be able to view a third.
But a more modern 500GB HDR again with two co-ax leads from another dish showing 100% quality signals on both leads will not record two progs at the same time? I get a notice there is a conflict when trying to activate the second recording.
Any ideas please?

Ray.

Mrplodd 28-04-2018 17:33

Make sure you have not inadvertently scheduled it to record one of the programmes twice. i.e. in both SD AND HD!

As the two versions are often on different pages of the programme guide it’s fairly easy to do, as I found out a while ago!

Is this a brand new Humax box or is it “pre-loved?” If pre-loved has it worked OK in the past! If it’s new it possible it’s duff of course. Try it whilst being fed from the known good dish?

I have 2 x Humax boxes, I can watch one channel and record a second, or record two and watch a recording but it impossible to watch Three channels as there are only two inputs!!

Also I sometimes get “issues” if I try and record a programme that has just started, leave it a couple of mins and it’s OK.

I would be inclined to set it up to record two programmes at the same time a few hours ahead and then see if it does what it’s supposed to then.p (see the paragraph immediately above)

Andy

raynipper 28-04-2018 21:19

Thanks Andy and yes it's a pre loved one.
I have only used it as a spare before and have not noticed this conflict.
But I specifically tried to record two progs when nothing else was scheduled and got the conflict message.
But doing two smaller and totally different progs worked. It seems hit and miss at the mo.

Might have to do some more checks to process of elimination.

Ray.

satandpcguy 29-04-2018 08:57

If "pre loved" it may have only been set up for a single cable, hence the inability to do two recordings at the same time.
So do a full system reset, and go through the set up wizard again, and it should reset for the two cable feeds.
Simply doing the wizard on its own may not always reset from one cable feed to two.

raynipper 29-04-2018 09:51

It's odd.
I can often set to record two progs at the same time on BBC1 and BBC2 but if I try and select a BBC prog or ITV and ITV+1 and then say an ITV prog it goes 'conflict and suggests another version of the same prog?

Ray.

satandpcguy 29-04-2018 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynipper (Post 2927978)
It's odd.
I can often set to record two progs at the same time on BBC1 and BBC2 but if I try and select a BBC prog or ITV and ITV+1 and then say an ITV prog it goes 'conflict and suggests another version of the same prog?

Ray.

Not odd at all.

If your BBC 1 region is on the same frequency group as your BBC 2 region, then it can record both using one cable.

But if your BBC1 region is on a different frequency group to the other channel you are trying to record (like ITV1 or ITV1+1), then you will get the conflict as you can only use one frequency group at a time using a single cable.

Like i said before, sounds like your box is on "single cable mode", hence why it can only do one frequency group at a time, and why you are getting the conflicts.

raynipper 29-04-2018 10:22

Ag and OK Guy.
Will try the reset as you suggest.

Ray.

p.s. well so far so good thank you very much Guy.
Every two progs 'saved' for recording seem to work.!!!
Thanks again.

Mrplodd 29-04-2018 10:52

Well I for one had no idea that a Humax box even had the facility to be set for a one cable feed, why on earth would the manufacturer do that? If you only want a single feed just connect a single cable, or have I missed something obvious here? (Entirely possible)

Andy

satandpcguy 29-04-2018 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrplodd (Post 2928058)
Well I for one had no idea that a Humax box even had the facility to be set for a one cable feed, why on earth would the manufacturer do that? If you only want a single feed just connect a single cable, or have I missed something obvious here? (Entirely possible)

Andy

Sometimes there may only be room for one cable from the dish to the TV location...so you are forced to use only one cable. So you have to make sure the box knows to use only one cable, otherwise "no signal" messages will appear when trying to use the non connected second input.

Mrplodd 29-04-2018 11:21

Thanks for that, I have now added a bit more to my knowledge base.

So if you have a single cable it MIGHT be possible to still record two programmes at the same time??

I feel some experimentation coming on.

Thanks for simple explanation, just proves, yet again, the value of this forum (even to a tugger !!)

Andy