Glomex S460s Set up issues again - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 18:04 Thread Starter

Glomex S460s Set up issues again

! have a Glomex S460s Dome which is once again proving a problem to set up.

Is there any satellite service engineers who could come to Polegate , East Sussex who can come & set it up for me.?

As we have travelled through out southern England this year from Worcestershire across to Kent, each time we have had to run a set up each time, to try & get decent steady tv reception.

Now today we have lost signal receptrion completely despite tryig to install the latest update from Glomex which is dated September 2014 version 2.24.

Are we on a hiding to nothing with this system?

Do we need to travel to a Dealer, who may be able to sort this unit, or should we scrap it and purchase something better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 23:28

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
Now today we have lost signal receptrion completely despite tryig to install the latest update from Glomex which is dated September 2014 version 2.24.
I know nothing about Glomex systems but am aware that many satellite frequencies have changed since 2014 as new satellites come online so suspect the Sept. 2014 update may well be out of date. For instance we had to reset the software on our Oyster in July 2015 due to frequency changes, as have several other users I've spoken to.

You need to contact Glomex (or one of their dealers) to get a current frequency update.

Same problems with all automatic systems so probably wouldn't be any different if you change to a different one.
Dago and Dago like this.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 21:41 Thread Starter

Thanks Gaspode.
Will contact Glomex in Italy, as can't find any UK dealers. Both the ones I have dealt with before no longer seem to sell Glomex now.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 10:43

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Miriad near Derby are the local agents, or they were last year when I had my Glomex overhauled at great expense, but the bloke who did it (his name escapes me now) couldnt have been more helpfull. It was a failed circuit board.
My Glomex also woudnt work even though I did their latest softwareupdate. I think the website is glomex.it. you must have a plain, clean, new SD card not SDHD 1 or 2Mb althiugh you can use re-use one you have previously used for a glomex update. Will go check the website now.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 10:55

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Go to www.glomex.it > technical support > glomex mobile > download software > choose your model and follow instructions.

NB refer my previous post re ibstr for SD card. Format according to glomex instr.

Sure that the 2015 update wasnt there in July when i did mine.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 19:26 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanHymer View Post
Go to www.glomex.it > technical support > glomex mobile > download software > choose your model and follow instructions.

NB refer my previous post re ibstr for SD card. Format according to glomex instr.

Sure that the 2015 update wasnt there in July when i did mine.
July update is for S460M not the S460S which is our unit.?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 23:05

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
The 2014 update appears to use a current frequency so should work.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 12:09

My Motorhome: I drive...a Burstner Aviano i727
Glomex Discovery S460S update

Glomex released an update for the S460S Discovery on 23/6/17 - V2.27. it is available from www.glomexmobile.com under technical support. However, anytime I downloaded it and tried to upgrade my control box it would not work. I spoke to a great guy called Ron at Miriad Products Ltd in the UK (email: [email protected]) and he emailed me the update. When you receive it, download it to a folder. You must transfer it to an SD card of not more than 2GB capacity. The card must be clean and formatted to FAT32. You cannot use an SD hd card. To transfer the data, right click on your folder, then copy & paste to the card. (Note: by clicking 'send to' it will not work). Once you have the data saved to the card, you can insert the card (logo side up) into the control box. The LED light will turn orange for 10-15 seconds and then green to confirm the transfer has been successful. Job done.

Last edited by AvianoVince; 12-07-2017 at 12:11. Reason: spacing incorrect
The Following User Says Thank You to AvianoVince For This Useful Post:
p-c (12-07-2017)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 28-07-2017, 22:51

My Motorhome: I drive...Elddis Autoqueat 185
We have the same model and had problems early on but eventually after the final update at the back end of 2014 by the same chap (Ron) at Miriad it functioned very well. We had it taken off our old van with a view to getting it put on our present van, however the firm who took it off made such a mess of the job I decided not to have it refitted on this van by them and have been using a free standing dish. However I am thinking of refitting it after I check its still working. The most annoying thing is we got it watch UK TV in France but the powers that be have narrowed the footprint that much where we used to get good TV down as far as Bezzier in South of France you will be lucky to get a signal even in mid France now.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:37

My Motorhome: I drive...
burstner joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianoVince View Post
Glomex released an update for the S460S Discovery on 23/6/17 - V2.27. it is available from www.glomexmobile.com under technical support. However, anytime I downloaded it and tried to upgrade my control box it would not work. I spoke to a great guy called Ron at Miriad Products Ltd in the UK (email: [email protected]) and he emailed me the update. When you receive it, download it to a folder. You must transfer it to an SD card of not more than 2GB capacity. The card must be clean and formatted to FAT32. You cannot use an SD hd card. To transfer the data, right click on your folder, then copy & paste to the card. (Note: by clicking 'send to' it will not work). Once you have the data saved to the card, you can insert the card (logo side up) into the control box. The LED light will turn orange for 10-15 seconds and then green to confirm the transfer has been successful. Job done.
We have done all that you said and it still doesn't work any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page