Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Communications and Internet Access (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/43-communications-internet-access/)
-   -   3 dongle - wher have you used yours? (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/43-communications-internet-access/35467-3-dongle-wher-have-you-used-yours.html)

peterandirene 04-04-2008 17:48

3 dongle - wher have you used yours?

Now used it in two locations with great success. Shrewsbury (at home) and Greenhills Caravan Park, Bakewell (there now).

Works well at both locations.

Peter

Glengyle 04-04-2008 17:53

Excellent performance in Glen Nevis (Fort William). But only 2G at Onich (nr Glencoe) and Luss (Loch Lomond) and unable to access web pages.

Rocles 04-04-2008 18:20

Full speed in Blackpool, Lytham, Nelson, and York....only place it struggled was Cornwall, where coverage is set to increase very soon. Fab piece of kit.

mickyc 04-04-2008 19:12

Anyone know if the costs of using in France have come down yet?

zulurita 04-04-2008 19:46

Have used it at Minehead, Taunton, Wellington in Somerset.

Worked at Chapel Lane CC site.

Now at Cherstey C&CC site Surry and using it to post this.

Wish it had reduced for France :( as we are off to France tomorrow.

Telbell 04-04-2008 20:47

Edinburgh, Northumberland, North Yorks, London, Worcs

rocky58 04-04-2008 21:02

using my 3 dongle just now at Southport Great

carol 04-04-2008 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulurita
Have used it at Minehead, Taunton, Wellington in Somerset.

Worked at Chapel Lane CC site.

Now at Cherstey C&CC site Surry and using it to post this.

Wish it had reduced for France :( as we are off to France tomorrow.

Rita if you get this before you go, have a great time, when are you back?

How much is it in France...

Carol

chrisgreen 04-04-2008 23:44

i have used mine at weymouth--hayling --portsmouth--selsea---i.o.w---pevensey--eastbourn--brighton--west bay--abbotsbury--west bexi--portland--dover--sandbanks.

i do a lot of seafishing(beach)

great bit of kit.
the only place i cannot get a good connection is here at home(north oxfordshire)

Westbay 05-04-2008 09:04

This mobile internet stuff is a bit new to me. I've looked on the 3 website and can't quite make out the cost of using the thing in the UK. Am I right in thinking you 1st buy a 'phone top-up for say 25 then an add-on for a tenner? When you use it, I can't see the rate at which the 'phone bit gets used. Or am I missing the point completely?