3 dongle - wher have you used yours? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 130 (permalink) Old 18-04-2008, 20:01

Re: Three mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapide561
Hi

My pal took a THREE contract out earlier in the week and said the speed was fabulous at his home near Harrogate. He has used it a his mate's house near Wetherby - and nothing. Also tried at Boroughbridge - and still nothing.

It seems - and I hope I could be wrong - that when the THREE dongle works - it works well. When not in a 3G area or what ever it is called, it seems to perform worse than T mobile - certainly was the case at Boroughbridge when I had a THREE dongle.

Anyway, the half price offer is still on for existing THREE customers, so I think I will take one on regardless - even if for use only in Italy etc. I can keep my T mobile PAYG as a back up.

Russell

Has anyone had success with the THREE dongle when not in a Turbo area etc?
Hi Russell that is why I decided in the end to plump for the vodaphone one as I have had no trouble with vodaphone in the past, I know Sonesta has commented that at times that the 3 works whilst in other areas it doesn't..........I know her advice is usually good CLICK HERE

Did you ever get your doo daa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 130 (permalink) Old 18-04-2008, 20:46

Ours did not work in Holmfirth West Yorks last week. No signal.

It didn't work in Kitzbuhel either.
post #23 of 130 (permalink) Old 18-04-2008, 21:07

Vodaphone Dongle

Hi. I am at present in the middle of the Peterborough Showground using the Vodaphone dongle and it has the blue light showing which I believe its on the 3g network. It was up and running within a couple of minutes and the speed ain't too bad. I have been able to get a signal when visiting Garstang in Lancs. Giggleswick in North Yorks and also when MHF was at Greengrass Park I had a good signal there. Have been well pleased so far and at 15 a month can't knock it too bad.

post #24 of 130 (permalink) Old 26-04-2008, 23:00

Hi, at the moment we are touring the West Coast of Scotland, and up to now useing my 3 dongle have been on line at Newton Stewart (the large free car park next to the river). CCC at Culzean near Maidens and now I am on it on the CC site at Ayr where I have a full signal. Tomorrow we move to Luss so will see what happens there. Carol.
post #25 of 130 (permalink) Old 26-04-2008, 23:54

Posting from Porthmadog, good connection . Also OK at home in Wrexham

Tony
post #26 of 130 (permalink) Old 27-04-2008, 13:01

Good in Cocermouth Great in Carlisle
post #27 of 130 (permalink) Old 27-04-2008, 13:27

Been at Lickpenny Caravan Site this weekend and it works fine there
post #28 of 130 (permalink) Old 27-04-2008, 14:07

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
...now who's going to be clever enough to put all these Posts on a "map" to give a geographical indication of where the good/bad reception is?

These company "coverage" maps are all well and good but you can't beat a proper members'test of the 3 dongle

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-Cest ou on se stationne!!
post #29 of 130 (permalink) Old 18-05-2008, 14:29

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Patchy in N. Ireland. Works well around Belfast and Lisburn. Works in Omagh and in parts in Fermanagh and along the Antrim coast. Works from Limavady to Derry/Lodonderry. Don't know about other areas yet.
post #30 of 130 (permalink) Old 18-05-2008, 14:51

Send a message via MSN to Zimee
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle
It's great. And for anyone not used to broadband - it's not techy, just plug it in to your USB and it will install itself and off you go! It's 15 a month, the equipment (dongle) is free, and you can download p to 3GB a month which is fine if you don't want to stream videos etc. You have to sign up for 2 years.

The only word of warning I've heard is to be careful you don't go over the download limit, cos it's expensive if you do. The software tells you how much you've downloaded however MoneySavingExpert site says it's good to get a separate, more accurate, program to keep an eye on how much you download.
I am really happy to see this post as I am addicted to Travian and cant really live without it.

I heard a rumore that you were only allowed to be on it for 2 hours a day, Is that true or is it just about not exceeding the band width usage?

Thanks for any help on this.

Zimee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page