Home mobile phone signal booster. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By erneboy
  • 1 Post By Glandwr
  • 1 Post By erneboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 18:47 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Home mobile phone signal booster.

Just bought and connected a booster kit here in Spain. Lots of people told me these were snake oil and the reviews are very mixed. But we have crap signal here indoors. Outside more or less usable but inside nothing. The number of reasonably important calls we were missing was a problem. We have good mobile deals with UK numbers which would be hard to replicate and excellent ones for calls and data in Spain. Our mobile operators don't support wifi calling.

We can divert to internet hosted numbers when in the house but it is a pain remembering to switch that on an off.

So the easiest thing I reckoned would be to find a way to make our phones work like phones. Researched it and bought this https://www.amazon.es/Proutone-Repet...tronics&sr=1-1

Ten minutes to put it up for a test and both our phones went from 1 bar or nothing to full signal. Brilliant. My mobile data is lightning fast now too, didn't work indoors before. Will fit it properly tomorrow.

You need to do some research so that you understand and buy the right thing to suit the frequencies etc. that your phones and needs require and I guess that the bad reviews and people dismissing them as snake oil is because the sellers don't make that at all clear, and perhaps some of them are crap. I bought from Amazon because if I didn't like it for any reason I could send it back, but I don't think that will be happening.

Just wanted to tell people that they can work brilliantly, if you get the right one.
barryd likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 19:57

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
We went down the wifi calling route about 3/4 years ago Alan. Most modern phones have it and I think every major UK networks are capable of it. Its free, you just have to switch it on. Don't they do it in Spain?

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

SORRY MISSED THE BIT ABOUT YOUR PROVIDER NOT SUPPORTING IT.
erneboy likes this.

Last edited by Glandwr; 04-12-2020 at 19:59.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 20:07 Thread Starter

But even if we had wifi calling visitors would have nothing Dick. Now all mobiles work here on data and calling.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 20:24

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
So where does the amp get the signal Alan? I assume it must have an input and output.

I used to have like you, one bar to ziltch. But now with the recent and very cheap Chinese mobile phone saying it is 4&5G compatible we get four bars inside.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 20:51 Thread Starter

Directional antenna.

Look at the photos on the link Ray. I don't know if the kit can be bought in the UK. My Spanish is OK for conversation but not great on technical matters but I could not find the information I needed on a UK web site. I've read that these amplifiers are illegal in the UK and certainly the info on the makers UK web site did not mention them.

Amazon.es gave some info but not enough to buy with confidence. As far as I can see nothing that does what it does it is for sale on Amazon.co.uk. Possibly not legal in the UK? Who knows? Luckily legal and available in Spain and works perfectly.

Anyone wanting one needs to research because there are important variations which must be considered if it is going to work.

It's an aerial with coaxial to an amp then to a repeater in the room and it works by some kind of signal much like a TV aerial as far as I can tell. I know very little but it seems that the important thing is which frequencies it can deal with which presumably determine the make up of the antenna and amplifier. Not my territory Ray. I can build you an old fashioned gearbox, but electronics are your thing. Dark magic. Dragons.
raynipper likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page