Phone battery capacity dying - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 16:35 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Phone battery capacity dying

OK it's a cheap Chinese copy of a Samsung. But it's been brilliant for almost a year and only just recently needs the battery recharged after nine hours where before it lasted all day.

The phone actually told me Twitter was a big consumer so I uninstalled that and now it's telling me TikTok is a big user. I can quite happily uninstall that as well.

Any ideas??

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 16:57

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Uninstall or go in and force the apps to close.

It is not difficult to chang the batteries on some phones. Have a look on the net and try youtube. You never know. I have done a fair few and replaced some screens etc.

Did just need a new keyboard on my MacBook but when I checked the video there were a coue of opportunities to destroy the computer so I sent it to a firm in Madrid. There and back in a week, now working perfectly again. Cost €149 inc taxes and courier both ways.

I read that Apple would do it for many hundreds. It was not one of the models Apple were doing under warranty unfortunately. I think my computer must be 8 years old now and still working perfectly.
raynipper likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:01

As you know the quality and capacity of the battery are important. There are some very interesting videos on that on YouTube. It seems that a great many cheap batteries tell whopping lies about their capacity. Some are even makes I had thought reputable.
raynipper likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:13 Thread Starter

Thanks Alan. Yes I have uninstalled two apps now.
But I don't think this phone allows a battery change. I will search more info as it's a "Karbonn Titanium S21"

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:18

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Ray, perhaps time to buy a proper phone.
No pockets in a shroud

Drew, Glandwr, barryd and 1 others like this.

John
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:24

Many things are listed by the manufacturers of electronic goods as being impossible for the user to do Ray.

For insrance changing the battery in my MacBook could not be done by the user according to Apple. I watched a video and had the job done in 15 minutes. If the phone become uunusable I would be taking it apart for a look.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:28 Thread Starter

Ah well I have a few theories on that John.
Basically I hardly use a smart phone due to the lousy audio quality. It's just to receive banking codes and because more health organisations need to have your number.
OK I do check mail and Whatsapp messages but rarely as I much prefer a desktop pc.

So how much do I need to fork out for suck limited needs? Plus as soon as you buy a new version is always being targeted at you.

Ray.

p.s. the back seems to be stuck on Alan.
patp likes this.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 17:29

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,133 Times in 981 Posts
Personal Aire
Turn off blue tooth, drop screen brightness.

Some have battery saving modes, i know my Samsung does. The battery is old school to change as well. two seconds, whip the back cover off out it comes. Think they are about a tenner. I bought a spare one in March but Ive not needed it yet. Lasts all day and I just charge it up on the laptop as and when. Kindly gifted to me by Eurajohn when my old iphone decided to go all bewitched.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 18:21

Ray, you must be my brother by another mother
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 18:31

Yes they are usually stuck on Ray. That is partly how the makers get to say it is not a job for the user.

Often not difficult to remove, being very careful not to damage the internals with blade or lever and then later glue on again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page