Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Suspicious email

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
As many of you will know I should have been in St Petersburg this spring. It was booked thro CnCC but all monies have been refunded some time ago.

Today I had an email (... @cfree.co.uk) purporting to attach my cancellation invoice (pdf). However, there is no cfree.co.uk website and none of the many emails I've had from the CnCC in the past are from that domain. However, they do have my name and address right.

I haven't downloaded pictures or the pdf.

Am I paranoid? If so, am I right to be?!

#3 ·
Ignore is always the best policy, I get emails every few days telling me that my Spanish or Turkish or Italian or Upper East Latvian or anywhere else telling me that my Apple account / PayPal account Microsoft Cloud or whatever has been suspended unless I send them all my details in order to reactivate it.

Only problem is, I do not have any of said accounts so ignore is dead easy.

I click on the headings to see where it came from and it is NEVER as it purports to be.

Be alert - Your Country Needs Lerts. 😁🤣

#6 ·
You havent, by chance, got a yahoo email? I had to close my email account with them ad their security has been compromised a few times over. Last one was that my PayPal account had been frozen. Of course that was the end of my account. Previously a rang a few friends to check that they weren't stuck abroad and URGENTLY needed £3000 to get them out of a hole. Bloody scammers

#8 ·
As many of you will know I should have been in St Petersburg this spring. It was booked thro CnCC but all monies have been refunded some time ago.

Today I had an email (... @cfree.co.uk) purporting to attach my cancellation invoice (pdf). However, there is no cfree.co.uk website and none of the many emails I've had from the CnCC in the past are from that domain. However, they do have my name and address right.

I haven't downloaded pictures or the pdf.

Am I paranoid? If so, am I right to be?!
Jean

Have you already had a cancelled invoice? If not they may just be doing some catching up on loose ends after a chaotic time.

If you really want to know if it is genuine e-mail the address you dealt with before, to enquire.

Geoff

#9 ·
Yes, I've done that Geoff thanks (sent them a message thro their Web contact page).

Their system of receipt/reimbursement acknowledgement is very strange Geoff - for instance, when I'd already been told by phone that I was getting a refund, I got an email which read to me that I was being charged again.

I suppose the important thing is that I have the money in the bank.

#10 ·
Online follow ups can be odd and confusing.
Nothing to do with your communication Jean but I ordered an item from UK about ten days ago and since then I have received a dozen acknowledgements and tracking e-mails saying it's been delivered?
But seems each sub carrier says it's been delivered when handed over to the next part of the delivery process. At depot, in France, at distribution, on truck, etc.

This is most annoying as I am expected to wait in for days as it keeps informing me it's imminent. And of course you can't reply to any of these notifications only call the carrier who just says yes it's in transit.

Ray.

#12 ·
We are back to getting phone calls daily

Amazon is now charging..

A sum has been taken from your account and paid to foreign bank

We have found a fault on your Microsoft computer which opens you scammers

All scams, but I need to find my way to the phone, stiff and unsteady just in case

If it’s not that they want to update my boiler, offer energy efficiency at a reduced price subsided by the government, insulating my house

Which is insulated by a thick covering of ivy , neither water or anything else can penetrate it, and it would need to be removed to pump in insulation

It seems nothing can stop the calls for long

A few quick questions to help with our survey ?

How are you today ?

I was fine before I staggered to the phone

Sandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.