Some advice please - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMLS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2020, 21:14 Thread Starter

Some advice please

Iím going to be retiring next month so will be handing in the Company mobile and going it alone. Looking for some advice on which mobile SIM card provider to use as we intend to tour Europe extensively , probably best to go for unlimited data. I Also have a MiFi unit on the Van and Up to now have been using Internet on Legs SIM card up to now.
Any suggestions on the best way forward would be much appreciated .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 08:01

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,003 Posts
Personal Aire
I guess if you go for unlimited data on your Phone sim you dont need the mifi or a sim for it as you can just turn the phone into a hot spot. I have 18gb of data on my vodafone sim contract which I find more than adequate for normal use. In fact I come nowhere close to using the data but when you tether it you cant half get through it but generally its enough. I have found Vodafone an excellent provider in mainland Europe but there may be better deals out there. I think I only pay about £12 a month so its not even worth shopping around for me especially as its proved reliable. I know they dont cap their data usage abroad and you get the same allowance as you do here and there "appears" to be no maximum usage out of the UK. Some I think say its only two or three months but of course all that may be about to change.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
wp1234 (12-07-2020)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 10:11

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
Three mobile have a roaming limit of 20gb per month even on their unlimited use plans. They also stipulate that:

ď We'll monitor your usage, and if you spend most of your time abroad and consume more abroad than at home over a four month period, we have the right to add a small surcharge to your continued roaming usage.Ē

Regards,
John

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzyjohn For This Useful Post:
wp1234 (12-07-2020)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 13-07-2020, 13:31

My Motorhome: Burstner IXEO IT734
I've found EE have excellent coverage home and abroad. We have 3 phones in the house plus a MIFI in the M/H. The SIM attached to the MiFi and 2 of the phones are on the lowest monthly tariff and I get 60GB of data with my Samsung S10 plus which I then "gift" around the other users using the app as required. Works well for us
wp1234 likes this.

I am going into space in a vehicle made from over 3 million components, each manufactured by the lowst bidder - Neil Armstrong

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page