I didn't want a mobile phone - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 09:27 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I didn't want a mobile phone

And Jean said something like once I have one I would not regret it.

99.9% is still a mystery to me, but the 00.1% I use is super.
For instance Heike is on her way to visit her Mother for the weekend 3 1/2 hours journey normally, but today it is snowing so will probably take longer. I have had 2 little voice messages on the WhatsApp letting me know she is making good progress and all is well.
You were right Jean, I donīt regret it even if I only use it to keep in touch with everyone on WhatsApp or Messenger.
Just thought I'd tell you-

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 09:34

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I also read books, Kindle, listen to the radio, BBC or anything else you want, listen to music via bluetooth through whatever speakers wherever I am, read newspapers and news sites, watch videos, use it as a navigator in the car, have it as a torch when I need one, use it as a camera, video or still, use it for email, banking, browsing, posting, learning languages and translating, and so on. I can't imagine having to do without my phone.

There are plenty of language learning apps that may interest you Jan. Have a look at DuoLingo. It's very good.

I don't bother with games but there are plenty.
raynipper, dghr272 and JanHank like this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 09:46

Audible books too. I read all the time when I don't have other stuff to do but with Audible I can listen to books as I work or drive or whatever.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 10:19

If you can access "Find my Friend" you will be able to see where Heike is throughout her journey!

Gordon

PS We've been given voice-controlled lights for Xmas: they're much more useful than I imagined!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 10:24

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
I also read books, Kindle, listen to the radio, BBC or anything else you want, listen to music via bluetooth through whatever speakers wherever I am, read newspapers and news sites, watch videos, use it as a navigator in the car, have it as a torch when I need one, use it as a camera, video or still, use it for email, banking, browsing, posting, learning languages and translating, and so on. I can't imagine having to do without my phone.

There are plenty of language learning apps that may interest you Jan. Have a look at DuoLingo. It's very good.

A lot of what Alan quoted is our use too, but using the phone tethered with the laptop when we are in the MH - much easier to read than small screen.

Like him we also use it for satnav app, in cradle on dash - saves having a separate satnav.

Oh and we also use it as a phone for Basia to call back to Mother every day when we are away. And for Skype to her Sister in Turkey and Son in Australia.

Life away would be very difficult without the phone.

Geoff
erneboy likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 10:55 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:

SO--- I have just downloaded the Amazon App and started watching a film on there which I will continue watching later on the big screen.
I asked Siri if the iPhone has a Navigator and he looked for an ALLIGATOR I will try what heīs told me for the Navigator.
I am going to be alone over the weekend a lot, expect me to worry you about a few more things.

Oh just spotted Gordons post, that sounds interesting, I may have found it and connected to her, she now has to connect to me, it will have to wait until later now, but I will report back.

I'm Jan
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 11:02

I use Maps Me for my navigator Jan.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 11:12 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
I use Maps Me for my navigator Jan.
Oh Iīve got it and didnīt know it or remember it, I think blu put it on here for me now I think about it.
erneboy likes this.

I'm Jan
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 13-12-2019, 21:56

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I knew you would Jan!! That was exactly my experience originally. Now I use it as Alan does.

And as Geoff says "Life away would be very difficult without the phone." - maybe not 'very difficult' for me but certainly an awful lot less easy.
greygit and JanHank like this.

Jean
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 16-12-2019, 23:01

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
App called flightradar for when you're following a flight- to meet someone at the airport- or just to check your loved one has arrived at their destination safe and sound.
nicholsong likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page