A translator - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 23-07-2019, 19:07

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
It's the little buggers that fight back Jan.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 23-07-2019, 20:04 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
No time for fighting, have to study stellplatz and such like.
I've had enough of everything for one day, didn't get my afternoon rest in today, cut the grass instead.
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 26-07-2019, 07:52

My Motorhome: Hymer Classic B584
After my trip last year I bought two different ones. They both have small screens and promised to be better than Google translate. I think you're better using Google translate though (there's also a Microsoft translate). Here's why - 1. they're based on the Google translate code, but promise to better. I'm not convinced they are. 2. You need it to have a screen so you can see that it correctly hears what you have said, but their screens and text are tiny. 3. Their sound is rubbish. 4. The keyboard if you need to correct anything are tiny. 5. They're slow. Use old android processors. Nothing like the speed in demo videos ( which are often done in quiet situations). 6. Another device to charge and carry.

I asked Ty hears companies why on earth don't you just release this as a phone app? They don't answer as they make more selling hardware at $200 than an app at $20.

Google translate is updated, works on your phone which has a huge screen. Has a fast CPU. Better sound. However, I find even that is tricky to use as the other person loses patience. I find it's only older non working people that have the time to bother but they're not tech minded. Hard to tell them to repeat, or speak now, or it didn't work, try again, or slow down, or not such long sentences.

I did see one recently that was a microphone (better than a phone one) that plugs into your phone so uses the phone screen and CPU which seemed a good option.
raynipper likes this.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 26-07-2019, 11:45 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
After my trip last year I bought two different ones. They both have small screens and promised to be better than Google translate. I think you're better using Google translate though (there's also a Microsoft translate). Here's why - 1. they're based on the Google translate code, but promise to better. I'm not convinced they are. 2. You need it to have a screen so you can see that it correctly hears what you have said, but their screens and text are tiny. 3. Their sound is rubbish. 4. The keyboard if you need to correct anything are tiny. 5. They're slow. Use old android processors. Nothing like the speed in demo videos ( which are often done in quiet situations). 6. Another device to charge and carry.

I asked Ty hears companies why on earth don't you just release this as a phone app? They don't answer as they make more selling hardware at $200 than an app at $20.

Google translate is updated, works on your phone which has a huge screen. Has a fast CPU. Better sound. However, I find even that is tricky to use as the other person loses patience. I find it's only older non working people that have the time to bother but they're not tech minded. Hard to tell them to repeat, or speak now, or it didn't work, try again, or slow down, or not such long sentences.

I did see one recently that was a microphone (better than a phone one) that plugs into your phone so uses the phone screen and CPU which seemed a good option.
Do you ever wish you hadn't asked
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 26-07-2019, 12:02

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Jan. I for one am drowning under incomprehensible tech. Even not being able to understand all the adds on BBC telling me about this and that 'boxed sets' being available.?

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 26-07-2019, 12:13 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Yes Jan. I for one am drowning under incomprehensible tech. Even not being able to understand all the adds on BBC telling me about this and that 'boxed sets' being available.?

Ray.
I think our brains are so packed full now Ray we just have to wait for one bit of knowledge to leave before we can get the new bit in.
patp and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page