Roaming charges and the EU - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 236 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 22:37

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMMY View Post
Come on Peter, you know modern peoples canna do withoot Farcebook & Twatter, their world would end, think of the depression and panic attacks

tony
How on Earth would some of the MHF members be able to carry on their constant whining on their European travels?
GEMMY, GEMMY, Penquin and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:59

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Ah, it's very sad to see that so many leavers can't muster an argument and believe that insults serve in place of them.

I hope their leaders are better equipped intellectually and won't believe that they can just rely on insults when asked difficult questions in the forthcoming negotiations with the EU. Probably a forlorn hope, judging on their record so far.
post #33 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 09:22

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Ah, it's very sad to see that so many leavers can't muster an argument and believe that insults serve in place of them.

I hope their leaders are better equipped intellectually and won't believe that they can just rely on insults when asked difficult questions in the forthcoming negotiations with the EU. Probably a forlorn hope, judging on their record so far.
Oh so subtle
erneboy, erneboy, peribro and 1 others like this.

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #34 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 11:25

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048 A class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
and it is exactly what was said before the referendum as the EU ban on roaming charges had just come into effect.

but the brexit supporters pooh-poohed the suggestion as 'Project Fear' or scaremongering.....

They ALWAYS KNOW BEST AND KNOW IT ALL - they must all be teenagers....

This year we have had ONE inquiry and booking for our gite in spite of increased advertising, other owners are saying exactly the same; Brits are not going overseas because it is now too expensive with the £ being so valueless and with children not being allowed to be taken out of school. Normally by now at least half of the weeks over the summer had been booked and we would have one or two out of school holiday adult only bookings. NONE THIS YEAR, although the gite prices are lower than they have ever been.

Sadly, for us, that means our income has dropped still further and it is unlikely that we will be able to continue....... so at present it is looking increasingly likely that our property will be up for sale at a knock down price and we will have to move back to the UK into rented accommodation.

Thank you very much Brexit liars.

Dave
I voted to leave but I don't profess to always know best. To say that everyone who voted out thinks they always knows best or is a teenager is rather ridiculous and demeaning and to call everyone who wanted to leave liars is insulting to those who, like me, made genuine thought out choices as they saw fit, right or wrong. They used a used a democratic system to cast their vote.

Much of the scaremongering has come to nothing. However I couldn't argue that prices in the UK have not risen and that the exchange rate is not as favourable as it was. I am not surprised by that and it's something I took into account when making my decision to vote leave. Today the £ is at 86p and before brexit last year it was at this time at 80p and the year before that at times around 76p so for every £100 I spend in the EU instead of getting a 20% discount as last year, I now only get a 14% discount. Hardly like to stop me travelling.

I for one will continue to go abroad and so will most of the people I know, of course we might not like the price difference but it's not enough to make us stop travelling. I am sorry for your lack of bookings and your predicament but I do think eduction comes first and that it is not right to take children out of school for holidays There may be all sorts of reasons why you are not getting the bookings, brexit may be just one of them.

I genuinely am sorry for your predicament, but please, because a democratic outcome doesn't suit you, don't label me and others who voted out as always knowing best or teenagers or liars that is totally untrue and unfair. We made our decision because we thought at the time it was best for us and our families, no doubt you made your decision to purchase property in France for much the same reasons. I hope things improve for you over the coming months.
cabby, cabby, chasper and 9 others like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iandsm For This Useful Post:
BillyS (08-02-2017), pagey (12-02-2017)
post #35 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 12:25

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
I presume you also hope that in addition to being intellectually equipped they also bring some common sense with them?

Peter
post #36 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 14:29

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
This year we have had ONE inquiry and booking for our gite in spite of increased advertising, other owners are saying exactly the same; Brits are not going overseas because it is now too expensive with the £ being so valueless and with children not being allowed to be taken out of school. Normally by now at least half of the weeks over the summer had been booked and we would have one or two out of school holiday adult only bookings. NONE THIS YEAR, although the gite prices are lower than they have ever been.

Sadly, for us, that means our income has dropped still further and it is unlikely that we will be able to continue....... so at present it is looking increasingly likely that our property will be up for sale at a knock down price and we will have to move back to the UK into rented accommodation.
Thank you very much Brexit liars. Dave
Hi Dave, yes after the Brexit vote we have been hit very hard as well. Although not to the extent of upping sticks and returning the our homeland which bears little resemblance to when we left.
Sorry to hear about the gite business but several Brit friends up in La Manche are doing just as well with their bookings targeting other clients. They have just as many bookings this year and even some already for next year.
One here and I'm looking for the other.
http://www.normandygitevacations.com...vacations.html

gotit....................
http://www.ourgites.net/

As you can see Le Deuxieme Sorce is almost full.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Last edited by raynipper; 07-02-2017 at 14:33.
post #37 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 15:40

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
I came onto this thread to find out what the 'Roaming Charges' might become.

But sadly I find that a lot of the posts have been turned into a Brexit discussion by certain persons.

I am in no way immune from the effects of Brexit, either now in terms of exchange rate(for 90% of yearly living costs in our case - not just holidays), and more importantly for me, in terms of whether I/We can live where I/We want.

However, I do not wish to bring up the discussion on multiple threads, especially as some subjects are only marginally affected by Brexit, and maybe not for some time to come and only when there are more facts available.

Geoff
post #38 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 15:56

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
It is after all a brexit thread Geoff.
post #39 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 16:01

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
I blame Dick as he mentioned Brexit in the first line of the opening post on this thread.

Peter
post #40 of 236 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 16:46

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
So who is going to say that deals such as 3's 'Feel at Home' will end just because of Brexit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page