Netflix & BBC I Player in Europe - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 00:10

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
I have successfully used Earth VPN (at $4 per month) while in Spain for the winter - worked fine and was perfect for downloading stuff to watch later - it all depends on what bandwidth you can get where you are.

There are also some interesting sites like "watch series" (google it) that don't need VPN if you just want something to watch other than live programming

Cheers

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyDave For This Useful Post:
Paul1234 (01-06-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 00:31

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,042 Times in 905 Posts
Personal Aire
A lot of the streaming sites like Watch Series are blocked in the UK now by providers like BT so you still need a VPN to access them even in the UK. Depends on who your broadband is with and what restrictions they put on them. Probably a good idea to use a VPN for such things anyway and definitely a good ad blocker.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
Paul1234 (01-06-2016)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 08:59 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Carthago Chic C Line I 4.3
As big thank you to all in responding to my posting I think thatI will try a VPN and see how it goes.

In addition I am sold on the idea of buying a FreeviewRecorder and any further suggestions on the best one to purchase would beappreciated. I have already installed a HDMI for my Apply TV so I can simply plugthe recorder into that.

Having had a quick look on the Net some of the recorderscome with Wi fi connection so possible to run things like Netflix, does anybodyknow if it is also then possible to record Netflix programmes?

Regards

Paul

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:09

I use Smartstream.com it works very well with data rates sub 1mbt with no buffering. Simple to set up and you can cancel at any time so ideal for holiday breaks
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianJP For This Useful Post:
Paul1234 (01-06-2016)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:24

iplayer for TV is supposed to be blocked outside the UK, as the BBC only has a licence to show TV within the UK, although there do seem to be ways to get around this at the moment, as discussed above.

iplayer for radio is available utside the UK, however. Personally, I do not miss TV at all, but do like to tune in to BBC radio 4.
listerdiesel and listerdiesel like this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 15:19

My Motorhome: Bürstner Viseo Sovereign 700i
Personal Aire
I saw somewhere, recently, that Netflix had come to a deal with the EU on content in Europe. I believe subscribers will be able to view content from 2017 onwards (if we are still in EU )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page