Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Communications and Internet Access (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/43-communications-internet-access/)
-   -   iBoost Pro D8 Directional System - anyone using it? (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/43-communications-internet-access/124197-iboost-pro-d8-directional-system-anyone-using.html)

esperelda 26-12-2014 22:51

iBoost Pro D8 Directional System - anyone using it?

Himself has been looking at the 'iBoost Pro D8 Directional System' and he was wondering if anyone has actually got one and is using it and has any views on it? It sounds very good but it would be good to have a review from someone.

emjaiuk 27-12-2014 06:37

IMHO greatest thing since sliced bread! Our main use is for FON, but invaluable for those sites where otherwise you'd have to cluster close to reception to get a signal. We frequently have 2 iphones, a tablet and a laptop connected.

If you must have a negative, the software isn't the easiest in the world, but it's perfectly usable.

Great backup and support as well!

Malcolm

hblewett 27-12-2014 10:43

What do you mean by 'you must have a negative' please? Is that an earthing point to connect a wire to, ...or what?

bigtwin 27-12-2014 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by hblewett
What do you mean by 'you must have a negative' please? Is that an earthing point to connect a wire to, ...or what?

The absence of any 'smileys' suggests that this is a serious question rather than an attempt at humour - but I'm not sure!

ksblair 27-12-2014 11:54

iBoost Pro D8

We have one and it's great. We use it mainly on campsites to get a decent WiFi connection but also make use of Fon and BT WiFi when available. We connect a laptop, iPad and an iPhone and also make our hotspot available to our daughter and son-in-law who often travel wth us in their own van.

Wizzo 27-12-2014 15:12

Re: iBoost Pro D8

Quote:

We have one and it's great. We use it mainly on campsites to get a decent WiFi connection but also make use of Fon and BT WiFi when available. We connect a laptop, iPad and an iPhone and also make our hotspot available to our daughter and son-in-law who often travel wth us in their own van.
Same here. I would not be without it. Invaluable.

JohnW

hblewett 27-12-2014 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hblewett

Whoops! I didn't take account of the 'If' - which makes all the difference :oops:

Spacerunner 27-12-2014 16:45

I'm at Vilar Formoso and just connected with my iBoost for the first time in anger (well delight really!).
Getting lots of unsecured WiFi but can't connect to all of them. Most probably due to differing signal strengths.
Well pleased so far!

mcpezza 27-12-2014 17:43

Excellent piece of kit. Using it to respond to this post. For us it is the ease of setup, once the iBoost is connected, all our Chromebook, phones and tablets connect automatically.

5 Stars.

Mike

Bubblehead 28-12-2014 12:45

Hi

Good reviews all-round it seems for the iBoost. I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer......

When on many sites they charge for the wifi but you can then only connect one device to it. With the iBoost can this be the one device and then share the connection with your other devices?

Is it possible to connect a dongle to it so it can receive a mobile signal where there is no wifi?

What is the actual range of it when used?

Is directional or omnidirectional better?

Thanks in advance, it may just make me buy one as it seems the best system on the market.

Andy