GPS Roll-Over: IMPORTANT - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 26-02-2019, 11:52

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,036 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I am just starting to look, is this too cheap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273032132265?chn=ps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 26-02-2019, 12:34

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
Thanks what do you use for the data connection when traveling?
Mobile data - not the cheapest option but if that's what it takes...
Im only semi-retired so the data is a tax write-off at least.
shingi likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antonf For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (26-02-2019)
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 26-02-2019, 12:36

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudsey_Bear View Post
I am just starting to look, is this too cheap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273032132265?chn=ps
The memory and storage looks a bit limited. I wouldn't go for less than 2Gb/32Gb.
Also avoid the units with DVD/CD players as they are very deep so mounting might be difficult if your MH is cramped under the dash

Last edited by Antonf; 26-02-2019 at 12:47.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antonf For This Useful Post:
Pudsey_Bear (26-02-2019)

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 26-02-2019, 12:42

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I bought a cheap Chinese 7" Truck GPS which was brilliant in all except the screen. As soon as the sun came out you just couldn't see anything.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:25

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,197 Times in 1,043 Posts
Personal Aire
My TomTom Start 20 packed up yesterday. I didnt think it would be effected as its not that old but Ive never updated it. Thought I would test it and in Barnard castle it seemed to lock on to the satellite ok and I planned a route home which it worked out. Left it on, went in the chippy, came out and it had lost the GPS signal and refused to pick it up all the way home.

Not tried to check the update check in my own link as I cannot read the flaming serial number off the back of it.

Anyone else had trouble with a Start 20?

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:46

Hi @barryd

If you turn the unit on and then when working hold the ON/OFF button down until some white writing appears which will be after you see the Tomtom sign and hear a drumroll sound. Think you will find second line is your serial number.

Enter first two digits on here to find if your unit is still supported.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/an...0do%20I%20have

Tomtom have been issuing updates since last July that resolve the Roll Over Issue.

Doug

Last edited by Dougaitken; 10-05-2019 at 10:18.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:18

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougaitken View Post
Hi @barryd

If you turn the unit on and then when working hold the ON/OFF button down until some white writing appears which will be after you see the Tomtom sign and hear a drumroll sound. Think you will find second line is your serial number.

Enter first two digits on here to find if your unit is still supported.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/an...0do%20I%20have

Tomtom have been issuing updates since last July the a resolve the Roll Over Issue.

Doug
Thanks but couldnt get that to work. I did however find what I think is the serial number in the settings and about my device (or something like that) put it into the GPS Rollover checker and it says it needs updating. However this took me to a link to install Mydrive connect which it says is for XP or Vista!!! I tried installing it but it crashed big time. Will see if I can find an updated version. Im pretty sure I only bought this sat nave four or five years ago. Maybe it was more I dunno.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:42

Personal Aire
Well that was fun. I think it was the C++ that it installed as an update that it didnt like. I uninstalled it, rebooted and ran the install again as admin but ticked off all updates. MyDrive connect then installed and ran and I managed to update "navcore and GPS something or other". Took a while then there seemed to be no way to close the software and I had to kill it off with Task Manager. Anyway I stuck the tomtom out of the upstairs window and it locked on and found a route ok so maybe its resolved. Wont know until I actually go somewhere. It doesnt appear to me that this software has been updated in years. XP or Vista? WTF!

Thanks for the help.

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:51

Hi @barryd

There is MDC software for the latest Windows 10 etc and is the first link, the second link is for XP or Vista. They also off er MDC software for different Mac systems.

Doug
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 12:08

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Well that was fun. I think it was the C++ that it installed as an update that it didnt like. I uninstalled it, rebooted and ran the install again as admin but ticked off all updates. MyDrive connect then installed and ran and I managed to update "navcore and GPS something or other". Took a while then there seemed to be no way to close the software and I had to kill it off with Task Manager. Anyway I stuck the tomtom out of the upstairs window and it locked on and found a route ok so maybe its resolved. Wont know until I actually go somewhere. It doesnt appear to me that this software has been updated in years. XP or Vista? WTF!

Thanks for the help.

I used my Tom Tom 720 last week to get me to a site and all was ok, went to go home a couple of days later and it would not lock onto the gps signal, tried turning it on/off a few times and doing a reset but no go.
The following day at home it worked ok, I have done recent updates to it.

Barry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page