Wanted 6 Berth Motorhome - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 11:53

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Dont assume the OP has six passengers. [/URL]
I didnít - I sought clarification.

Also, I suspect Sandra may have misread what Mr Plodd said (or I have). He was talking about the dealers answer to him, not about a response from the original poster.

Regards,
John

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 12:02

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Correct Ozzyjohn.

It was at the NEC show about 10 years ago now I think. Canít recall the dealership, but it was a huge stand so clearly one of the ďBig BoysĒ

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 12:23

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Oops. Sorry my mistake,

Trouble with dealers they ( not all ) can be lenient with the truth , itís a sale they are after

I have met a few who look completely nonplussed when you ask about payloads, and frequently havenít a clue what the payload is on the modal they are trying to sell

Truth is very few motorhomes in the 350 range have sufficient payload for a couple and their gear

Sandra
Ozzyjohn likes this.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 23:47

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,226 Times in 1,071 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Oops. Sorry my mistake,

Trouble with dealers they ( not all ) can be lenient with the truth , itís a sale they are after

I have met a few who look completely nonplussed when you ask about payloads, and frequently havenít a clue what the payload is on the modal they are trying to sell

Truth is very few motorhomes in the 350 range have sufficient payload for a couple and their gear

Sandra
Oh tell me about it! Years and years I have been hunting down a replacement van. As soon as you start talking about payloads the smile drops, the tone changes. "Oh this bloke knows what he is talking about and isnt a starry eyed newbie with money burning a hole in his pocket". Quite a few I have even said, if we agree a sale can it be conditional on a trip to a weighbridge? They dont want to know. As a result I narrowed our search down to one van that I know will be adequate that ticks all our other boxes purely because I found someone on another forum with the exact same van that did all the maths and calculations and sent me his spreadsheet and a couple of others that I think will suit. Of course there are always only two or three for sale and usually 250 miles away. I always end up giving up. Buying a house is far easier.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 00:00

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Yes ourFirst motorhome we had no idea about payloads

So we were prob overloaded

Ignorance is bliss, but doesnít last for long

We needed air con and and an onboard gas generator

The later possibly not

The former definitely

I donít do heat , it makes me struggle for breath, me and my bit of a cow replacement aorta agree on that

As does the love of my life, not Albert, but Shadow

Often we snuggle together in the cool van

And if we need to leave him for a couple of hours heís left in an air conditioned van

But we needed to upgrade to 385 to accommodate the extra weight

Sandra
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 07:42

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Our first motorhome was a 26ft American RV and being a total novice I invited 14 for a booze run to France.
14 bodies and all their booze must have weight as much as the RV itself. But we made it after blowing up the tyres to almost round.

Very steep learning curve after that.

Ray.
barryd likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 09:59

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,226 Times in 1,071 Posts
Personal Aire
LOL! I remember when we used to go on "Fishing" holidays to Ireland Ray in the 80s in my mates Commer Caravanette. Five of us would cram in it in Darlington with all our gear, a boat on a trailer and meet 4 more at Holyhead from London who would cram in for the ferry and the drive across Ireland to the Shannon where we would pick up a motor cruiser. How the thing didnt burst or the wheels fall of I dont know. We did however get frequent punctures.
raynipper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 23-09-2020, 09:28

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Personal Aire
OK, I'm on the Isle of Man, but I'm selling my 2004 Trigano Challenger 192, on a 2.4 diesel Ford Transit chassis (twin wheel rear axle). Sadly it doesn't quite fit the requirements of a rear lounge, but it does have six seat belted seats, comfy sleeping for six and a large garage, fridge, oven, three burner hob, blown air heating, toilet, shower, awning, etc etc. 27 thousand miles, so hardly run in!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 23-09-2020, 15:19

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Looks like the original poster hasn't been back since posting this. Maybe he found one elsewhere.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page