So youngest daughter has decided she's getting married and we are selling our much loved motorhome. We've had two years touring the UK and the Broadway has been perfect for us. We did a lot of research before we bought her regarding differing layouts etc and this one has been just perfect. It's big enough to be comfortable but small enough (just) to get into most car parks (if you can find one with a kerb to overhang the back end). We usually stay somewhere with hook up but have managed fine without this using just the gas and solar panels for any power we need.
This motorhome only has two travelling seats so it's perfect for a couple - we've always taken our little dog along too - are you even a proper motorhomer if you don't have a dog? However if you're not a dog lover don't worry - the van is spotless and you wouldn't even know he had been in there. Certainly no damp dog smells!!
We're selling the van with all of the hoses, hook up cables (25m and 10m), 20 inch Cello TV with DVD player and radio, crockery and cutlery, 4G Wi Fi (you'll need a data only SIM), Duvalay bedding if you want it (this is the best bedding out there) - we've got two single quilts with built in memory foam mattress. Honestly the beds are so comfy we sleep better out in the van than at home. And speaking of the bed you can have two large comfy singles or one HUGE double. Now it's not fixed bed so you do have to pull the bed out each night and put it away but that's no hardship. For us extra space during the day was more important than a fixed bed.
I'm sure you can find the van spec on line if you want to but it's got:
1) Alloy wheels with four new tyres
2) One 6kg refillable gas bottle,with a refill point on the side of the van, - you can fill up at a lot of fuel stations now. There are also two standard 6KG bottles - one empty but the other has a bit in.
3) DAB radio plus the original.
4) New gas regulator
5) New leisure battery last year
6) Bathroom has cassette toilet and shower.
7) Reversing camera
8.Kitchen area with sink and cooker plus plenty of storage
9) Fridge and microwave.
10) Two long bench seats that make two single or one double bed.
11) Outside 12V supply.
12) 25 m tv aerial cable.
13) Milenco wheel clamp
14) Two levellers
15) Fortress folding post that you can put into your driveway and help stop theft of the vehicle
16) LED driving and reversing lamps.
17) Chain driven Ford 2.2 litre engine so no cam belt to change.
18.Heating and hot water work on gas and electric.
19) Fridge works off main battery when driving, electric when hooked up or if you're really wild camping apparently it works off gas too but we have never tried this.
20) Cadac Safari Chef.
21) Multi point USB charging unit.
If you have any questions at all about the vehicle just ask.
It will be sold with MOT, habitation check and full service. All being done Friday 29th March.
Now to be completely honest I'll point out a couple of things we have found - they honestly don't worry us but it's not a brand new van:
1) The waste water tank gauge doesn't work. But the waste water fills as the fresh water empties so when the fresh water shows 75% full we know the waste is 25% full. Just do what we do - empty the waste when you fill the fresh.
2) The wind out awning needs a bit of paper jammed in the upright to keep it secure. I suppose we could have bought a new pole but a piece of paper is cheaper.
3) There's a small dent in the worktop where the microwave plate flew out going round a very tight bend in Wales, we replaced the broken plate and now keep it in the drawer when we are on the move.
The van had one owner before us and they kept it absolutely spotless - we have done the same and you won't be disappointed if you come to look at it. You can put a few clothes in there and some milk and teabags and you'll be ready to go.
It's warm and toasty all year - the heating is brilliant (both gas and electric) so it doesn't need to be something you only use in the summer.
We have loads of photos if you want them,just email me and I will send them to you as I don`t know how to put them on this forum. If you want to come and have a look weekends are best but please call first.
We're open to offers but sensible ones only( go on try us you may be lucky!!) - we would rather hold on to her for a while than let her go for a song.
Chris and Sue Wilcox,