2007 Bessacarr E495 for sale - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 20:06

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetsteamleader9101 View Post
Drew, If I had been in your position and was genuinely interested, I would have contacted the seller explaining that the photos were not very clear and would appreciate if a new set be emailled direct.

Your comments about Jeans post "Jeans number one hobby is criticising my posts, all I can say is that she must have a magic phone is she can pick up any details from your pictures." comes across as the pot calling the kettle black.

As far as introducing myself, I did not see that as a requirement to post on this site, all I wanted to do was try and sell my motorhome. Members of this site are entitled to the level of privacy they decide on.

Between you and your other critical colleagues, I am put off using this site due to your prejudiced comments. I assume none of you are Administrator, just so-called ' self-appointed website etiquette police'. I will now consider asking for a refund to my subscription, remove my advert and leave the site.

well your post above says it all

this is a forum for like-minded motorhomers to discuss relevant motorhome topics and not used just as a means to sell something

it is normal etiquette to at least introduce yourself when joining a forum

i personally wish you all the best selling your van elsewhere as you obviously only want to just sell your van and not join in and use a forum as the name implies

barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 21:27

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Jeans number one hobby is criticising my posts, all I can say is that she must have a magic phone is she can pick up any details from your pictures.
For goodness' sake Drew, what a load of nonsense - get a life!

Quote:
What phone do you use Jean? It must have a better screen than my 27" Mac.
I use a very ordinary Xiaomi Redmi 4x. Would I buy on the basis of the pics? No, but I would gather from them whether I might be interested in the layout, or not.

Quote:
As far as introducing myself, I did not see that as a requirement to post on this site, all I wanted to do was try and sell my motorhome. Members of this site are entitled to the level of privacy they decide on.
I absolutely agree. Yes, it's nice when you get to a stage where you feel you've relationships with others on the forum - as I feel I have here. But demanding that people open up in order to use the site is unacceptable, I think.

Quote:
Between you and your other critical colleagues, I am put off using this site
Well, I'm not surprised. And I hope the regulars who have criticised are proud of themselves. I really don't see the point - such an attitude is NOT going to encourage anyone to stay. If you leave alone someone you disapprove of there is just the possibility that they WILL eventually come further into the fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat View Post
Aha, so I was right then. You were just using the forum to sell rather than being a useful member.

Probably just as well you leave, then. Good luck with the refund. Guffaw.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/images/smilies/new_rofl.gif[/IMG]
Tuggy, I'm surprised at your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
it is normal etiquette to at least introduce yourself when joining a forum

barry
You may be right Barry but as a fairly private person it's not something I have done - I don't belong to many forums (fora?) but I tend to sit back, look around, absorb information then contribute when either I've a question to ask or information to give.

But I do think it's unfortunate that so many seem to accept only your way of doing things.

I've been around this site for a long time but I have to say I'm feeling less and less comfortable with some of the negative attitudes that have been around in the last few months, maybe more.
Charisma likes this.

Jean
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 22:44

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Jean, no-one is suggesting he should divulge his medical history and his inside leg measurement.

A first name, where he hails from, a little about his preferred type of MHing, maybe. Such stuff hardly compromises anyone's privacy, for heaven's sake, but implies a friendly nature.

A forum is supposed to be a group of virtual friends, after all, who are here to learn and to give advice and maybe hopefully have a bit of fun.

Though the latter seems to be in short supply on here these days. A far cry from when I joined.

No wonder people left in droves.

I'm daft and proud of it.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 07:52

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
its a pity the poster did not introduce himself

barry

morning all

al i said originally is its a pity

in my later post i only said its normal etiquette

i never said its a requirement

barry
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 08:23

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Just to add, if someone is new to forums how would they know the etiquette required, it might be considered to be polite to introduce yourself before advertising, but this person went direct to the classified ad section, possibly not realising his heinous crime.

He did at least subscribe first, which might be a prerequisite to post an ad.

It's a forum.
Charisma likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 08:53

Quote:
Or posted pictures that we could see properly, a little brighter and in focus.

I started this off by stating that his Advertising Photographs were too dark, my "Get a Life" poster then informs me that she could see them clearly on her 5" phone?

To put it bluntly the OP's pictures were terrible, I still stand by that.

I have a life Jean, no need to keep repeating yourself and telling me that I need one. Cracked record comes to mind.

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.

Last edited by Drew; 14-03-2019 at 09:05.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 09:00

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Might be time to put a lid on this thread, insults only **** everyone off, not just the participants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pudsey_Bear For This Useful Post:
Charisma (14-03-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page