Autocruise stargazer - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 01:32 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive... Autocruise Stargazer
Autocruise stargazer

I will shortly be advertising a 2003 Autocruise Stargazer 2.0 HDI 2 berth with only 27,000 miles on e-bay. I bought it with the intention of touring Scotland with my partner. Unfortunately she has changed her job (theatre nurse) & we can no longer get the time to do it. I bought this van that had been the unfortunate culprit of attempted theft. Someone had tried to prise the Habitation door open & caused considerable damage to it. I have spent over £2000 having a new Hartal double lock security door & frame fitted by a craftsman in Bristol. The van has brand new Continental vanco camper tyres. The vehicle is in very good condition throughout & benefits from a Toad Category 1 Alarm immobiliser fitted which includes central locking & alarms on the gas locker & side access panel. With certificate for insurance purposes. All the internal lighting is LED. I will put a 12 month MOT on the van once sold. The bodywork & interior is very good. It has Captains seats at the front which revolve to the rear. Full heating system Electric & gas blown air. Fridge, full cooker with oven, sink, Electric flush toilet. Wind out full length awning & double cycle rack. If anyone is interested in the motorhome please e-mail me at. [email protected]. Or contact on 07562 327473 Steve. The van has no outstanding finance. I am in LEEDS. I am only advertising on here 1st as someone will get a very nice motorhome at the right money. Money. Well doing my homework I, in my opinion having scoured the web at this model & finding this model to be anything from £16995 ebay. to around £19000+ at dealers. Will be pricing at £13995 If anyone is interested in the motorhome please be aware that I am not open to any offers whatsoever. This will be the price. I do not expect to sell at this time due to it being winter. I will be advertising on ebay come march. The van has a huge portfolio of paperwork with it, including all the instructions for the fittings on board. Heating, hot water, toilet, & handbook. Also MOT history to prove mileage etc. Don't miss out on a bargain. If you will be looking for a 2 berth motorhome in the near future. I can even store till you need it. Not in any hurry to sell. My friends think I am nuts selling at this price but I am not bothered about making any profit from it, as long as it makes someone happy. Will add pictures soon. This is the new door. Under the bonnet the engine looks new with no oil leaks. The gearbox is smooth with no clutch problems. Under the van is like new with no corrosion whatsoever. Most important is the van has no damp issues. The chassis I think must have been waxoyled from new as it looks like the day it was made underneath. Another reason why I bought it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camper door.jpg (276.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by steviegtr; 18-01-2019 at 01:55.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 06:11

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Good luck with sale Stevie, fixed photo for you.

JanHank likes this.

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 11:14 Thread Starter

Thank you.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 15:14

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Sounds too cheap to me Steve, on eBay they might suspect it has problems, the prices you see now are winter prices, come March they can be £5k more, the smaller engine is a bit against it though.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 15:20 Thread Starter

I know it's only 2.0 hdi. The earlier ones were 1.9. Not sure they did a bigger engine in this model year. It is the medium wheelbase. Think long had 2.2 engine. I know I have priced it low. Probably no takers at this time of year. Not in any hurry so spring will put it ebay. Thanks for comment.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 03:15

My Motorhome: Hymer Classic B584
Hi Stevie. Is it RHD or LHD? Actually enlarging the pic in your profile I can see it's RHD (no good for me).

When you list it, make sure you write a good description, not just 'here's me truck, ring me if interested'. That combined with the good price will put people off. I like to see plenty of info. It will also save you answering loads of fruitless enquiries from people that will instantly not want it just because (for example) it's not LHD.

Last edited by wfdTamar; 20-01-2019 at 03:31.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 09:17

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
Hi Stevie. Is it RHD or LHD? Actually enlarging the pic in your profile I can see it's RHD (no good for me).

When you list it, make sure you write a good description, not just 'here's me truck, ring me if interested'. That combined with the good price will put people off. I like to see plenty of info. It will also save you answering loads of fruitless enquiries from people that will instantly not want it just because (for example) it's not LHD.
Why are you set on LHD Bill? Ours is RHD and we live in a LHD country, in the summer we use it more than the car, which is LHD, and I, a 74 year old woman driver drive both. There are a lot of advantages being RHD, for instance I can easily see how close I am to the pavement when parking, when I need to get out I am pavement side, no fear of being run over. We have a big GB on car and Van, which encourages folks who can, to speak to us in English.
Plus of course there are hundreds on Brits with RHD driving around the Continent.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 10:38

My Motorhome: Hymer Classic B584
It’s hard enough getting used to driving on the other side of the road on roads that are much tighter than here and in a bigger vehicle than I’ve driven, without adding the complication of being on the wrong side of the car. It has to be easier to drive a LHD in a LHD country.

When I drove the car the house sit owners lent me in June, I put an A4 sign front & back saying ‘Desole, touriste Australien’ so I wouldn’t get sworn at so much by the locals.

What do those of you that live in the UK think when you drive in Europe? Would you rather be driving a LHD or RHD?

Last edited by wfdTamar; 20-01-2019 at 10:43.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 15:28

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
What do those of you that live in the UK think when you drive in Europe? Would you rather be driving a LHD or RHD?

Being as the UK is such a squitty little place thats packed to the gunwales with people and vehicles and it's difficult to get out of second gear. It doesn't much matter which side the driver sits. But on the 'continent' where you can get a move on then LHD is obviously better.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 20-01-2019, 16:12

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Can't disagree on this because Bill will be alone I believe, he won't have a passenger, like I have, to tell him it's all clear for miles ahead to overtake.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page