Mobile Home in the Algarve for rental - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 24-12-2018, 06:18

My Motorhome: Not yet
Hi. New on here. You might try http://www.trustedhousesitters.com.

Also if you get no takers for the whole time you could try breaking it up into smaller lengths of time (not sure how you'd handle the handover though).
raynipper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-12-2018, 08:09

What sort of temperatures are we talking about Garcia? How much shade/relief from the heat is there?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-12-2018, 10:10 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: None anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
Hi. New on here. You might try http://www.trustedhousesitters.com.

Also if you get no takers for the whole time you could try breaking it up into smaller lengths of time (not sure how you'd handle the handover though).
Thanks for the link!
We really donít fancy the idea of doing a lot of shorter letís for the very reason you mention.....nobody to manage the handover. Though I could get a lot more rental that way. My local campsite is charging 90 euros a day for a 2 bed mobile for next Aug!!!
Iím charging an average of 80 euros a WEEK for someone whoíll take the place for the whole period.
Garcia

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-12-2018, 10:25 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
What sort of temperatures are we talking about Garcia? How much shade/relief from the heat is there?
Can be seriously hot!
April May June are obviously cooler but can still hit over 30 regularly. No rain. July and Aug it can stay over 30 even at night! For weeks!
And often hits the 40s.
Van has no aircon. We donít like it , and didnít come here to live indoors with closed windows and aircon on. We tend to live outdoors much of the year ,actually, and use fans inside the van to keep the air moving when necessary.
The van has a covered decking which gives outdoor shade. The dog pens have trees and covered area over the kennels.
Lots of shops and restos use aircon.
The land is on a small hill so there is usually a breeze keeping the van cooler than the nearby town.
Anyone thinking of living here should experience the summer. Many retirees come for the mild winter weather ( been very pleasant and spring-like for the last month), summer can come as a shock. The worst thing I find are the crowds. I donít go near the beach in summer even tho this eastern end is much less crowded than the popular resorts around Albufiera and the like.
Garcia
raynipper likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-12-2018, 14:49

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Thanks Garcia.
You have just convinced me we are doing it the right way round. Just been chatting with a Frenchman who moved here in Armacao de Pera several years ago and he says the same as you. Impossible in high season.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 25-12-2018, 15:36 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Thanks Garcia.
You have just convinced me we are doing it the right way round. Just been chatting with a Frenchman who moved here in Armacao de Pera several years ago and he says the same as you. Impossible in high season.

Ray.
Well you are right. A lot of people come here in the winter and think itíd be a great place to live...which it is...but if theyíve never experienced the high season..it can be a shock.
Staying here in Winter Spring and Autumn and going off in the Motorhome for high season is a workable option for many...make some money in high season if youíve a place to rent...
Itís a lovely country and the people are great, and here in the Algarve you have few language probs....even with the officials (tax, health etc...) it is easy to live here. And unlike France you can get a good curry...and the beerís a Euro a bottle....!!!!!
But.....August is something else....not to be taken lightly......
Garcia
raynipper likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page