Hymer in Spain for sale - sharing for a friend - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 13:28 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Murvi Piccolo
Hymer in Spain for sale - sharing for a friend

I received the following email from my (very best) friend. I'm sharing it here as you are my only motorhome community. There were originally photos attached which I could share via PM if anyone is interested, along with contact details. Wasn't quite sure where to put this as it isn't really a 'classified'. The vehicle is currently in Granada.

'Dear Christine and John

As you know our Australian friends had to leave their motor home in Spain when Braddon became ill and have been trying to sell it but without much luck. It occurred to me that you might be able to distribute the details amongst your motor home community and have attached all the details and photos below. It's registered in the UK until the end of August and ideally they would like it sold it before then. They are open to offers.

If anyone is interested they can contact Braddon and Janice via mail to discuss.

Many thanks for any help you can give, Braddon is holding his own but they would obviously love to get it sold on.

We're enjoying our time in the IOW..beautiful weather yesterday but a bit overcast today. Will talk to you at the weekend.

Lots of love
Kathy xx

Fwd: Hymer B644 Odometer: 115,278 kms

Fiat Ducato base. Year:2000 Diesel Manual, Left Hand Drive. Eng. Cap. 2,800cc Length 6.4 Mtrs, width 2.6 height 2.7 Mtrs
Six-berth. Full double bed at rear, drop-down double bed over driver’s cab. Dinette converts to another double. Six seats with seat-belts.
Blown hot-air gas system. Lovely large wardrobe and loads of drawers, cupboards and under-seat storage.
Thetford toilet + shower. Fridge/Freezer, Double sink, 3-burner stove, Oven, Bedlinen & Duvet, pillows (for the rear double bed),
Towels, Cutlery & crockery for 4, cooking utensils, plus electric & gas kettles, Toaster and Slow-cooker. It has both UK
and European electrical sockets
Spacious garage at rear, large drawer adjacent to entrance door with some tools, levelling blocks, electric cable, etc. Red triangles
and two hi-viz vests included, plus outdoor chairs and clothes line. Fitted roll-out awning. Electric fan heater, Gas BBQ. Van has English and European LPG
cylinders. Also fitted are multi-CD player and Reversing camera and electric step with alarm. Bike rack with two bikes plus helmets.
Van has blinds, fly-screens and curtains.

UK Reg. says “vehicle acquired 28th August 2015 (W339YBN). MOT Cert. dated 27th August 2015.'

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 14:06

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Chris

That MOT date is looming. Not a problem under UK law, because as far as DVSA( ex VOSA) is concerned they are only interested that it is not driven on UK roads without a valid MOT, but do permit it to be driven to a pre-booked MOT test so that could be done by driving from the ferry /tunnel to the test station, and I have done just that from here with an expired MOT.

However there have been reports that the Spanish police take the attitude that a UK vehicle must be legal in the UK, and that it is not if there is no MOT therefore it is illegal to drive it in Spain. This may be an incorrect interpretation of the law but Spaniish Residents say it is impossible to argue.

Maybe a solution would be to get someone to drive it back and to put it with a dealer in UK.

Did the couple not have insurance that would cover the repatriation of a vehicle in the event of illness? Perhaps difficult if they did not have a UK address.

Sorry if this sort of puts a spanner in the works, but it is a problem that needs dealing with soon or it might become unsellable in Spain after the MOT expires. I presume VED(tax) is due about same time, so a fine may be not far away also - they are monitored and produced by the DVLA computer now.

Geoff
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 14:42 Thread Starter

Thanks for the concern Geoff but I really don't know much more than is in what I posted. I don't know the couple but they are long term friends of my friend and they came over to the UK last year, bought the motorhome and went off to the continent. I believe the motorhome is in a garage, not on the road. I'll copy and paste your post and send it to Kathy, she can decide if it feels appropriate to send it on.

Thanks again

Chris

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 14:47

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Without an asking price the whole thing is meaningless.
If the asking price is realistic then I'm sure someone would be prepared to collect it in Spain and drive it back to the UK - but the price would need to be right.
nicholsong and nicholsong like this.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 14:50

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn View Post
Thanks for the concern Geoff but I really don't know much more than is in what I posted. I don't know the couple but they are long term friends of my friend and they came over to the UK last year, bought the motorhome and went off to the continent. I believe the motorhome is in a garage, not on the road. I'll copy and paste your post and send it to Kathy, she can decide if it feels appropriate to send it on.

Thanks again

Chris
The MH has to go on the road at some stage to get it to UK for MOT, unless it is sold to a local resident and the process of re-registering in Spain is done while still in the garage.

Geoff
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 15:20 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
The MH has to go on the road at some stage to get it to UK for MOT, unless it is sold to a local resident and the process of re-registering in Spain is done while still in the garage.

Geoff
Thanks again, Geoff, I'll pass that on too. It really does seem a dire situation to be in.

Chris
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 15:28 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode View Post
Without an asking price the whole thing is meaningless.
If the asking price is realistic then I'm sure someone would be prepared to collect it in Spain and drive it back to the UK - but the price would need to be right.
I've passed that on too, thanks.

Chris
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 15:53

hi Chris!

What is the asking price please?

Trev
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 15:57 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemyob View Post
hi Chris!

What is the asking price please?

Trev
I don't know, Trev, but I've emailed Gaspode's post, above, to my friend and I'll post on here when I get a response.

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandJohn For This Useful Post:
teemyob (06-07-2016)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 16:25

Spanish Registered would have been an advantage!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page