Holland Germany Sweden Finland Norway and back - Page 8 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 118 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 14:13

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,166 Times in 1,101 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 118 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 19:41 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Mercedes Sprinter 314 cdi LWB
Evening Pudsey,
The tyres and the van have been handling the roads very well.In the north they seem to treat the uphill sections(with what I do not know) and let peoples studded tyres rip up the ice everywhere else.I have used my snow chains they have made a difficult situation easier to get out of.In all honesty my UK van snow tyres are suitable for uk roads not for here at this time of year.There is very little traffic on the road so I have hardly used the brakes except to come to a standstill at a junction the rest of the time I have been dropping gears and letting engine braking slow me..........some days I havnt been over 40 mph.So yes I am pleased with the van.

Here is another insight. In the frozen north they like to drive Toyota's, Land Cruisers Pro ace vans(not the Pug Ren version.I havnt seen a Fiat Ducato Citreon Relay Pug Van.They dont drive Renault Citreon or Pug or fiat cars or Nissan.More mercedes cars .Considering the conditions no Range Rovers or Disco's.In the trucking world it's either Volvo or Scania no Iveco Man Renault Man.There are lots of Sprinter vans mini bus's and a few transits.I think I done ok aswell In fact I am gonna pat myself on the shoulder That Sprinter and me we rock....I have done 3000 miles up to now and have another 1600 to go.
Glandwr, Pudsey_Bear and marchie like this.

Steve
post #73 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2021, 09:20

post #74 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2021, 15:39

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
It actually sounds like a bit of an endurance test Steve - I do hope it has brought you a lot of joy and good memories.
marchie likes this.

Jean
post #75 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-12-2021, 14:07 Thread Starter

Hiya Jiwawa,
I used to drive HGV class 1 for39 years and always drew a distinction between driving for work and leisure.From a climate point of view for me physically at this time of year and my sprightly 65 years of age yes it isn't as comfy as laying beside the med in the south of France for 8 weeks.
Apparently 200,000 people a year visit the North Cape of Norway of those only 3 percent visit in Winter. I have always worked on the principal live like a lion for a day instead of a sheep for a lifetime.I have ridden a motorcycle down to the very south of Spain.Rode a motorcycle from Los Angeles USA to Vancouver BC Canada and back to LA.Been to Fairbanks and Anchorage AK.Travel for me is the best education I have had in my life.

Now then , Life in general can be an endurance test and .... me I have had my fair share of enduring.

Sitting here in my campervan here at Ornskoldsvik in Sweden that I have built having been where I have and seen what I have seen.I feel very lucky and humbled.Even tho due to road conditions I have had the bum cork in a few times I have endured.

Here is a silent movie at Low Rez uploading uses alot of data ,but this is a big forest a nice sky and a bloke in a wooly hat somewhere in the middle of nowhere, loving every minute.l

Pudsey_Bear, Christine600 and GMJ like this.

Steve

Last edited by Dogslow; 03-12-2021 at 14:16.
post #76 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-12-2021, 14:42 Thread Starter

Hiya Pudsey that is the one that has the tank all built in mine has a separate tank.So many sellers on ebay mine is the 5kw version and so many instructional video's on youtube on how to install
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Steve
post #77 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-12-2021, 14:48

My Motorhome: Carthago
My Grandson lives and is an HGV driver in Norway, he drives a new Mercedes artic unit, currently on a contract that sees him travelling between Norway and Sweden taking wood from a mill to various manufacturing sites, had a message from him this morning from Sweden showing the outside temp of his truck -30c
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sweden cold!.jpg (126.7 KB, 3 views)
Christine600 and Dogslow like this.

John
post #78 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-12-2021, 15:02

Brrrrr, I thought it funny that only two cars passed you and they were well too close, I assume they knew each other and were maybe in radio contact, but still too close.
post #79 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-12-2021, 16:43 Thread Starter

Well with Covid kicking off in the united states of europe I have decided to come home a week early so that my quarantine will be over before Christmas.So wednesday its Trelleborg Sweden to Rostock Germany then friday its back from Ijuiden Holland to North Shields England.I will do a roundup of the costs for you when I get home.Thank you all for your comments

Steve.
Oh by the way I watch a Norwegian couple on Youtube called Tuur they have a motorhome and tour Scandinavia putting up some really good informative vids.Give em a try
Pudsey_Bear and Christine600 like this.

Steve
post #80 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-12-2021, 16:47

Thank you for posting something a bit out of the ordinary Steve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page