Travel to Slovenia and Romania - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2021, 23:09

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Ive done the full length of Ullswater in at and used it from the west coast of Scotland in some pretty big Swells and waves all the way down to the Med.
That's a long paddle Barry!
barryd likes this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 13-01-2021, 16:11

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,051 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
That's a long paddle Barry!
LOL! About ten years ago I remember posting on here some madcap idea about getting hold of a fast rowing boat and rowing across France from the channel to the Med using the canals and river systems for charity. Totally bonkers. I once did a sponsored row in my early 20s from Fort William to Inverness single handed in an old wooden Norwegian clinker built rowing boat including Loch Ness (about 70 miles I think in total) so I guess I thought "how hard can it be"
Christine600 likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-10-2021, 08:58

My Motorhome: I drive...
Yes, a really long paddle! I heard Romania is a beautiful country. However I have always dreamed of going to Slovenia, wandering in a motorhome.
barryd and raynipper like this.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 13-10-2021, 08:08

My Motorhome: I drive...
Yes, a really long paddle! I heard Romania is a beautiful country. However, I have always dreamed of going to Slovenia, wandering around in a motorhome. Iím actually planning to do this soon. Iím currently reading up on all the relevant safety/traveling rules as these change faster than you can count to 5. Luckily, I came across www.travelsafe-abroad.com/slovenia/ to help me brush up on all things Slovenia and get ready for my trip. Itís gonna be awesome.
erneboy, raynipper and JanHank like this.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 13-10-2021, 17:19

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Let us know how you get on Marlar. I passed thro Slovenia on my way to Croatia n was very impressed. Couldn't get the lingo tho.

Jean
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 13-10-2021, 23:39

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Think I would be leaving it until next year now. Its nearly winter!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 14-10-2021, 06:48

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Think I would be leaving it until next year now. Its nearly winter!
Wimp. Thats the time to go out of season.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 14-10-2021, 10:33

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Wimp. Thats the time to go out of season.

Ray.
Except it isn't. I wont change anyones minds I guess but to me June, July and August are the best months especially around the Alps and even in the UK it seems after this tour. Best chance of decent weather for a kick off and on this UK trip its just got busier the colder and grimmer it gets. August on Arran was only half as busy with vans as it was second week in September onwards when all the "lets avoid the school holidays" brigade got going. It was the same in south western Scotland after that and its the same in many parts of Europe IMO. Slovenia or at least the best parts of it are in the Triglav Alps. It will be pretty grim there by now I would imagine.

The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
raynipper (14-10-2021)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page