Ideas for next trip: DangerousRoads.org - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 18:19

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexblack13 View Post
Not sure if Sporty (the vespa) wold manage many of those. Been on a lot of the passes including stelvio (three times!) But the bike was an 1100 pan european Honda... Brilliant bike.

We hope to get to the Verdon gorge this year. Hoping.. See how it goes. We have a lot on.

take care whatever you do.

Safe driving.
We did the Verdon gorge in the van last year. Lovely area but I'm not driving it again - I prefer relaxing being the wheel. Mind you, I did manage to end up on some sort of c road near there by mistake with ridiculous overhangs and loonies in cars coming the other way. It looked fine on the map because the scale didn't show 20 odd hairpins and a sheer drop.

fatimasaysell.com is Mrs Adonisito's interesting blog!

Link to our album
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 19:40

"Not sure if Sporty (the vespa) wold manage many of those." -- I'll race you around the Gorge, first one to go over the edge buys the beers.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 22:48

We did the Verdon Gorge a couple of years ago but have only done the northern main road west to east. We passed a 1 metre square rock in the road at one of the overhangs and a bit later a JCB presumably driving along to move it

I'm sure the route des cretes is one way from east of La Palud in the clockwise direction, at least until the tunnel and we stopped at several belvederes - you really need to pull over and walk up to the viewpoints for the best views into the canyon.

We have driven down from St Croix to Moustiers on that narrow and steep minor road and glad we didn't meet anyone coming up!

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 22:14

Verdon done , thank you.
, and the Galamus

and the Daluis

and the Cians

...and some more , it was a great holiday.
jo662 and jo662 like this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 22:37

We accidentally found ourselves wild camping at the summit of the Manghen Pass in Trentino, N. Italy, the other week. We were after a free spot for the evening and decided to look on a side road into the hills, as you do, but at every spot we found we went through the old 'there might be something better round the next bend' routine. We climbed higher and higher and the road suddenly got narrower, then it was dark, then it was raining and we didn't fancy our chances turning round so just went onwards and upwards. It was the obligatory hair-raising moment of our trip!

It all felt a lot better the next morning in the sunshine.

Lesley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menghen.jpg (125.3 KB, 9 views)
barryd, barryd, jo662 and 3 others like this.

Fancy a great ebook read? Try this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGULBU0

Read about our trip around Europe - http://charliedogcametoo.blogspot.co.uk/

Interested in writing? Check out my blog http://lesleysscribblingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Would like to view my painting? Follow me on https://www.artfinder.com/lesley-hale#/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page