Travels After Lockdown - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 25-06-2020, 21:28 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Travels After Lockdown

I know everyone is suffering from lockdown blues but nearly every CL, CS or club site is booked. It’s good news for the sites but the prices of some of them are bordering on Dick Turpin proportions.

I just need to bite the bullet, plan to travel down to Bradford on Avon to see the wife’s parents before meandering up the country to visit my own parents in Glasgow before going North, it will be staying away from the islands particularly Skye and the NC500.

You almost need to second guess where people won’t go. I think it will be up the top end to Sutherland

The Beer Always Wins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 26-06-2020, 13:50

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,078 Times in 936 Posts
Personal Aire
This was bound to happen. Hardly anyone leaving the UK, surge in newbies and people going camping instead of hotels . Come the 4th of July I think it will be Bedlam. I have one CL and Rally field in mind to hopefully spend the rest of the summer on but I dont think I would bother trying anywhere else. Given the recent behaviour we have seen in our local beauty spots and yesterday along the southern coast I would rather stay at home in the Dales than take part in any of that. Scotland is massive though, plenty of places to lose yourself I guess. Or you could try down here in Teesdale and the North Yorkshire Dales. Where I live on the edge of lower Teesdale and neighbouring Eden in Cumbria are the two least populated districts in England but also two of the most stunning. The plebs will all flock to the same places with any luck.
Nethernut and MeFeinMcCabe like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 27-06-2020, 21:21

My Motorhome: Adria Coral Compact
Booked a site near Seahouses for 2nts next weekend. Our first real MH getaway. But we cant wait for Scotland to open, then it will be North Berwick first, and then for a few days to the Silver Sands and Loch Morar before doing the NC500 after the holiday period. Cant wait

After 66 years on this planet i finally figured out that people are their own worst enemies!!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 07:53

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
This was bound to happen. Hardly anyone leaving the UK, surge in newbies and people going camping instead of hotels . Come the 4th of July I think it will be Bedlam. I have one CL and Rally field in mind to hopefully spend the rest of the summer on but I dont think I would bother trying anywhere else. Given the recent behaviour we have seen in our local beauty spots and yesterday along the southern coast I would rather stay at home in the Dales than take part in any of that. Scotland is massive though, plenty of places to lose yourself I guess. Or you could try down here in Teesdale and the North Yorkshire Dales. Where I live on the edge of lower Teesdale and neighbouring Eden in Cumbria are the two least populated districts in England but also two of the most stunning. The plebs will all flock to the same places with any luck.
Good.!
Stay away.

Ray.
barryd likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 09:11

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Forget coming to Dorset!!

I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be plagued by hundreds of “lay-bye” campers unable to find a campsite pitch. That often happens in a “normal” summer so this year it will be much worse.

Then of course we have the prospect of the “travellers” arriving en-masse for their “holiday” and taking over beauty spots/car parks/park and rides or even just road side verges, trashing the place and moving on to plague the next town. Oh sorry I forgot, it’s their “culture” isn’t it and we are just being oppressive towards them.

Good luck everyone and if you are planning on coming to Dorset my advice would be to be sure you have a confirmed site booking because the sites are going to be busy, busy, busy!!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, it’s in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 09:30

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Good luck everyone and if you are planning on coming to Dorset my advice would be to be sure you have a confirmed site booking because the sites are going to be busy, busy, busy!!

Andy
and no doubt raising their site fees.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 10:47

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,078 Times in 936 Posts
Personal Aire
I spoke to my favourite CL owner last night and he is still unsure if he will open but probably will but not for a couple of weeks or so yet. I think Ill hang fire until mid July and see how it goes. If its bedlam everywhere Ill just stay here and not use the van at all this year. I have an ulterior motive though. I want one of these to spend the summer flying around the dales and lake district on. Mrs D says NON! (for now)

chasper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 11:26

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
I spoke to my favourite CL owner last night and he is still unsure if he will open but probably will but not for a couple of weeks or so yet. I think Ill hang fire until mid July and see how it goes. If its bedlam everywhere Ill just stay here and not use the van at all this year. I have an ulterior motive though. I want one of these to spend the summer flying around the dales and lake district on. Mrs D says NON! (for now)

Michelle obviously does not fancy paying the increased premium on the insurance she has on your life.

Just tell her she would not have to pay it for long.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 11:46
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
I think we'll wait....As they say 'You Only Die Twice'....but I don't believe that!. I think it means 'Both of You Die'.
Nethernut likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 11:58

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:

Looks like a kids 'Transformer'.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page