Can't you effin' read?? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 16:02

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
The signs are pointing into a separate area from the rest of the car park. It's quite clear that that area is for motorhomes only. Ring the Council and report them. Take photographs in case they need them.

Give the huge area of car parking available that is sheer laziness so that they can park closer to the bus stops and not have quite so far to walk.
emjaiuk and emjaiuk like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 16:06

My Motorhome: A big black & white one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
The sign would appear to be pretty unambiguous to me!!

I assume that the sign points to a defined and seperate area only, as opposed to the entire parking area?

Andy
Having used the Canterbury P&R Aire a few times I can confirm that the signs are pretty clear. Just after the entry barrier is a completely separate area clearly signed as being for motorhomes ONLY and no cars are allowed. The large main car park is clearly beyond this small motorhome only parking area.

My best guess is that in the run-up to Christmas there are a lot of people going into town shopping and the main car park is pretty full. Ignorant drivers are therefore ignoring the signs and parking where they like. As has been said before, look for signs with contact details, or the 'warden' that is often seen around the area, and report them, especially if they are blocking spaces with motorhomes there wanting those spaces.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 16:34

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
There was always wardens in and around the office when we have been there, every day except Sunday.

Paul.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 16:37

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Alan

What would your 'considered response' be?
It is obviously inconsiderate, but is it a concerted effort? Is there a group that objects to MHs anywhere?
Geoff
I would like to believe that a 'considered response' would not involve the reply to be worse than the offence.
It can be annoying for people to park where they should not, check out any Supermarket car park. Would your considered response to someone parking in the 'Mother and child' area be to have a cassette of excrement and urine poured over them. Yet I am sure that both they and handicapped parkers must feel equally if not more frustrated by inconsiderate and I must assume illiterate parking.
Alan
Drew and Drew like this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 18:07

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
[B]well I would advocate parking alongside
And preventing them getting out

Telling them so so sorry

But what could we do?

It's the only place we are allowed to park

And shadow would be there adding his support

I'm sick of cars ignoring MH places

We can't park in there's

So tough

Aldra
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 18:16

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
Looking at the photos posted, I can see there could be room for the mistakes made. The sign only points, the spaces are not market out or any other signage to show what they are. So I would tell the council that better signage is required and suggest two good ideas to them as to what is really needed.

cabby
It's a totally separate area from the car park area Cabby with its own perimeter fence separating it. I can see no reason for the parking other than wanton flouting of rules.

I have use the Dover Rd park at least a dozen times and never seen a car in it. Anyone seen it before?

Dick

Last edited by Glandwr; 05-12-2015 at 18:18.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 20:29

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Thank you for that clarification Dick, I was going by the photo of the sign and have not been there.Now that the layout has been explained, as said most inconsiderate.

cabby
Glandwr and Glandwr like this.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 22:24

I have emailed a link to this thread to the Council parking section "For information and hopefully action"
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 23:13

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
The miscreants needed direct and timely action not just reporting

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:14 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Morph have you got photos of all 13? and numbers? If not is it too late to get them?

Geoff
I took photos of most, though not all.

The park & ride car parking area was undoubtedly very busy, as it's one of the peak shopping weekends of the year.

There are signs on the way in warning that the car park can be full at peak times but, as others have mentioned, the motorhome parking area is a separate fenced-off area clearly marked as motorhomes only.

It does get used by other overheight vehicles (minibusses, vans etc) and as there are height barriers on the rest of the car park, I think that's fair enough.

I didn't take any inappropriate action, though i did stand outside as many of them left and gave each a Paddington Hard Stare....

One of the other motorhomers took photos of each car and said he was going to contact the council.

There are only 10 different types of people: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page