Can I get flu jab in France or Spain? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 12:55 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Can I get flu jab in France or Spain?

Do you think it's possible for a traveller (aka moi!) to get the flu jab either in France or Spain? Perhaps in a pharmacie?

I presume it would need a Dr appointment first. Would they even want to share vaccine with travellers?

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 14:21

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
The flu vaccine prescriptions come from the health body and are sent to the person that needs it, you can get a script from a Doctor, but there would be charges for that visit AND the vaccine, once you have obtained it, you would then need a nurse or Dr. appointment to be given it….

Not as easy as getting CoVid vaccine where up you can “walk in” to some centres.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 14:33

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Here the farmacia can get us the vaccine and the local Doctor's practice nurse administers it, which the pharmacist arranged with a phone call.

Strictly speaking you might need to register with the local health trust and obtain a SIP card first. That's a 10 minute job at the local main local health centre. I would guess that the procedure might vary between one autonomous community and another and perhaps depend on how helpful people wanted to be. But it should not be impossible.

https://expatsmagazine.org/get-sip-card/

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 16:09

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
Here the farmacia can get us the vaccine and the local Doctor's practice nurse administers it, which the pharmacist arranged with a phone call.

Strictly speaking you might need to register with the local health trust and obtain a SIP card first. That's a 10 minute job at the local main local health centre. I would guess that the procedure might vary between one autonomous community and another and perhaps depend on how helpful people wanted to be. But it should not be impossible.

https://expatsmagazine.org/get-sip-card/
To be registered with the health service in Spain you need to be a resident some pharmacys sell flue vaccines without a prescription the cost is around 15€ but they are not allowed give injections so you would have to take it to a private clinic to be administered for which you would be charged
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 16:20

In this province all you are asked for is your passport and your EHIC. There is no questioning about residency.

They are applying the same rules as they do to tourists of short stay people who do not have residency.

You cannot go to a local doctor as a tourist unless you first obtain a SIP card, in this province. I believe this is so that central bureaucracy has the information to claim off your EHIC which is not something each Doctor, in this province, is required to do.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 08-10-2021 at 16:23.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 19:48 Thread Starter

Mention of the SIP reminded me that I had such a thing from years back - Jan 2013, Agència Valenciana de Salut.

How far south would I need to be, to be in that jurisdiction?

Jean
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 19:51 Thread Starter

I should clarify that I have a SIP number but if I ever had a SIP card I've no idea where it is.

Jean
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 20:20

This is the northern end of the Comunidad Valenciana Jean.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 21:04

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
I am afraid that even with a tempory SIP number you will find that flu vaccinations are not covered by an EHIC card as the card is for treatment not comprehensive health care
Penquin likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2021, 21:19

As I have already said we bought our vacine from the pharmacy and the local doctor's practice nurse administered them, asking only for sight of our SIP cards. That was last year.

That may not be how it works in Bilbao of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page