Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Trip to Andorra

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  SimonM 
#1 ·
Anyone enjoyed Andorra? We are planning a trip to Zaragoza in July/Aug time and hoping to see Andorra after there.
But also as my granddaughter is called Alinya I wondered if anybody has explored there as my wife thinks she would like to go there and perhaps get a souvenir or two, After exploring on Google Earth I didnt think the roads there looked that wide for a motorhome, hence the question? Zaragoza looks a great visit and hopefully after that we will head to more northern Spain to keep cooler than our place on Costa Blanca, followed by Bilbao area.

#2 ·
I was in Andorra briefly. To be honest it didn't impress me much. I'm not a shopper n customs were very surprised that I'd bought nothing but diesel.

When first entering Andorra from the North there's this huge black carbuncle clinging to the side of the steep mountain - I think it was mostly for shopping. I'm afraid that kind of set the tone for me.

I found neither my Halifax credit card nor my Starling debit card would work at the petrol pump and the Starling wouldn't work either in the local ATM. TG I had cash in the van. Apparently there is a problem generally with British-based cards.

#3 ·
Hi Jean, always good to see your replies, thanks. Your tips also very good, we should be okay with our Spanish card but I will take cash also. Still on course for going soon, can't come quick enough. Andorra would make my countries visited to 72 and the scenery there must be really good. Funny but a chum of mine is going that way this Thursday to be in Andorra for the Tour de France, but we had to decline as very busy this week. Although surely it would be real busy up there traffic wise lol.
Any up coming trips planned for you?
PS Roll on July 19th huh

#5 ·
Remember to turn off your mobile data lasttime i was there i forgot and it cost 50 euro.Also remember you will be stopped at the Spanish border and may be searched the limit is 2 litres of spirits and 200 cigarretes per adult they dont seem intrested in the wine you have but it is not much cheaper than in Spain for me other goods there is little difference in price to Spain ,If you need any advice on where to stay or things to see in the Basque Country feel free to pm me i live on the coast 14 km out of Bilbao

#7 ·
Many thanks for all your advice my friend. We shall start our trip on Thursday 29th July. But one thing may I query, if you could enlighten me was "Remember to turn off your mobile data lasttime i was there i forgot and it cost 50 euro"[/B I use a dual sim, with EE(UK) and Hits mbl (Spain) which is mainly through Vodaphone I believe. Why did you get charged €50? I will check tomorrow with Hits then.

#10 ·
I THINK that it is not possible to travel from France to Spain although I may be wrong. A friend said they were stopped "just beyond the Spanish operated Auchan store".

Worth checking if this MIGHT affect you.
Thank you. Its like eveything these days one has to check and check. But as only travelling through Spain where I Live to Andorra, all should be okay as residents hopefully and then departure back to Spain to carry on with the trip.

#11 ·
In the second week of our travels now after successful visits to Zaragoza,Andorra,Yaca,plus dodgy weather along the Atlantic coast so missed out and turned south to Palencia and now camped at Salamanca currently on a lovely rare site that we decided to use instead of aires etc. Weather since leaving Atlantic coast 30c but cold at night. Segovia next then Toledo soon.

#12 · (Edited)
Hope it's not near this place at Salamanca Paul. https://hostel-la-ponderosa.business.site/

We booked on their website and from then on went downhill. Absolutely diabolical and should be demolished.
Lost our booking, room was mouldy and damp, bedding the same, stained towels, toilet brown and not cleaned, no hot water and more brown sludge from shower taps, shower rail fell down, cold and noisy with traffic all night. I could go on but don't think they had anyone actually stay there in years.

Ray.

#17 ·
Hi, Yes a lovely place to visit and like you say the moorish influence is stunning. In fact with the narrow streets abound it was very much like being in Morocco. Did you use the six escalators all in line after each other to get to the old town etc?

#14 ·
Anyone enjoyed Andorra? We are planning a trip to Zaragoza in July/Aug time and hoping to see Andorra after there.
Here are some of my hol. clips from there , gives you an idea of what the roads/scenery is like, all good. Sorry I am not feeling up to editing at the moment, just dragged a pile of photos and clips in, but you can just fast forward through it.

#22 ·
I’ve been there a couple of times, and I can recommend the prompt and efficient A&E service at the local hospital.

Also how friendly the border security guard was the time I took a short cut to avoid a massive queue at the Andorra/Spain border. He had a quick look inside the MH saw miss Molly herself on guard and let us through, well ahead of everybody who were waiting patiently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.