Which stellplatz/Aire book - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-04-2021, 00:25

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I have a Sim card Keith, but neither mine or Heikes worked in the Harz last year.
Map reading you really need 2 people.

I will have to practice using the iPad at home.
I wonder if you had it set only to look for a particular provider?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithChesterfield View Post
[B].... we meandered around finding towns, villages and places of interest we would never have seen and enjoyed.
And since then we just go over, perhaps head to Brittany or the West Coast or the Dordogne or anywhere we fancy day after day, and that's why we often find places off the beaten track but we thoroughly enjoy what we do.
That's why having access to Aires on an iPad is essential.
And the sooner that happens again the better …..
That's exactly my modus operandi.

I use only apps. I'll have a rough idea of the direction I want to go. I might have a look for somewhere interesting within an hour or 2 or I might just drive a bit then chewhats around me. I use park4night a lot but that might not be your style of parking Jan.

If there's a possibility you might not have internet access then perhaps do your planning the day before, using café WiFi. With Google maps you can download area maps so that doesn't use WiFi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Anyone else thought the mini series on ITV "Too Close" a total waste of time?

Ray.
I watched it Ray and found it quite riveting - maybe it's a male/female thing.
raynipper and JanHank like this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-04-2021, 12:43

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
If there's a possibility you might not have internet access then perhaps do your planning the day before, using café WiFi. With Google maps you can download area maps so that doesn't use WiFi.

A few years ago we used a McDonald in France to send some emails off a laptop and within a few hours our email account had been hacked.

We had seen a bloke across the room tapping away on his keyboard but thought nothing of it until later.

The hacker had emailed some on our contact list saying we were broken down in France and needed money sending.

Luckily, for us, they had asked for money from a friend of ours who lived in France, who we were visiting later in the holiday, and he telephoned us to see what the situation was.

We immediately contacted everyone who may have had an email and cancelled the original email account.

Since then we've been very wary of using our devices in public places - better safe than sorry .....

JanHank likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-04-2021, 12:58 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
It´s these open internets that are the trouble, I think there is a message to say other people may be able to see what you are doing isn´t there?
As I don´t go to Wimpy and the like it´s not likely to happen, unless on the free internet on stellplätze maybe you can be hacked on those as well.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-04-2021, 17:43 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I have always had Park4night and camper contact & Searchforsite on the iPhone & iPad, but whenever I try to get the off line version they say they are having difficulty at the moment or some such wording, so no internet no go.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-04-2021, 18:46

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Most ordinary cafés (not the big chains) will have WiFi with a password - and they're MUCH more pleasant to visit!

But you can always use a VPN.

Isn't it disgusting that people can behave so dishonourably!

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page