What foodstuffs CAN we take to the EU post Brexit? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

274Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 00:58 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Murvi Piccolo
Apart from being a natural law-abider, and a rubbish liar, I could bear the thought of all that wasted food if it had to be dumped.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 07:56

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Hopefully we will learn more once people CAN AND DO travel, at present we can only go on what we find out - the tea ban came after we tried buying loose Kenyanbtea from a variety of UK based suppliers, only to be told by each and every one that it is not permitted as it is a plant product.

If this had been made clear before June 2016 it would have been treated as an asinine joke and those saying it would have been ridiculed by those idiots determined to force the thing through. I wonder if Peter would like to try and defend this position or is it yet another "thing that hasn't happened" , only it has and IS a consequence of leaving.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #13 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 09:30

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
You can't 'defend' being deprived of Tea Dave. Sadly we are now down to our last 2,600 bags. Must find new stocks.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #14 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 09:48

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Tea ban here too. Amazon won't supply at all, we used to but large quantities at a time.

The local supermarket still has tea bags but I wonder if that will continue. We will always get Lipton I should think, but I'm not overly keen on it.
raynipper likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #15 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 09:50

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I thought you could take whatever you want as you are not importing but consuming.
post #16 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 09:52

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Kev, it used to be up to £137 personal goods. But might not relate to certain items.

Ray.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #17 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 10:53

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,173 Times in 1,019 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMotorhomer View Post
Only an observation but unless you are stopped at customs and they specifically look for tea, meat, fruit etc I reckon you will be fine.

When we were boarded last year looking for clandestines they only looked under one bench seat, the wardrobe and the shower room. Did not bother with the other bench seat, under the bed or the overhead locker.

I for one will be taking, bacon, cheese, tea etc You would need to fill in a customs card on the Chunnel or ferry before you landed where it would ask you to declare any of the items, and I doubt they will be bothered.
Last year we were still effectively in the EU so checks would have been very relaxed.

Basically what you are advocating though now is smuggling and breaking the law. I dare say you may well get away with it but I would imagine checks may well be stepped up and regardless of that you will have made a declaration that you were not carrying any illegal items. If caught, at best the whole lot will be confiscated and you may well face prosecution.

"When arriving in the EU you may have to undergo official controls by the authorities. If you are carrying any meat or dairy products, which you have not declared they will be confiscated and destroyed, you may also be fined or face criminal prosecution."

https://tinyurl.com/t8zcw98k

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #18 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 10:56

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,173 Times in 1,019 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Just to add another grrr....

We have now found that we cannot have tea in any form sent from the UK. Not normal bog standard PG Tips or Yorkshire orloose leaf tea that I love from Kenya.

So add tea to the list..... it is a plant product so cannot imported due to the risk of transferring diseases to EU plants..... really..... yet another example of the stupidity of leaving.

I have not found any definitive list, probably because it is still as flexible and depends on which way the wind is blowing, or the day of the week, or the price of eggs (can you take those ???????) or what the Officers think....
Do you think this will include Lift Lemon Tea Dave? Its in a powdered form. Michelle takes literally maybe 100 plastic jars of the stuff as its all she drinks and you cannot get it in mainland Europe. She will be most upset if she cant take it.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #19 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 11:32 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Murvi Piccolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Do you think this will include Lift Lemon Tea Dave? Its in a powdered form. Michelle takes literally maybe 100 plastic jars of the stuff as its all she drinks and you cannot get it in mainland Europe. She will be most upset if she cant take it.
I got the impression that anything that has been processed almost out of existence is probably OK. I think an example given was the butter in a biscuit, or something like that. Whether Michelle could convince them that all 100 jars are for her consumption might be another matter.

Chris
barryd likes this.
post #20 of 246 (permalink) Old 17-03-2021, 11:35

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
You could cut that in half by saying you drink it too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page