EHIC Card - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 13:43 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
EHIC Card

Any member who as health care through the S1 form can now apply for for the new uk card this will be valid after Dec 31 2020 when the old card cease to be valid so that means members living in the EU will continue to get health care in any EU state under the EHIC rules. You should apply to the Overseas dept Newcastle
The Following User Says Thank You to bilbaoman For This Useful Post:
Penquin (10-11-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 13:59

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
or, if like me, you are now registered in the local healthcare system (I am in the French system) I can apply for an EHIC card through that, it is valid throughout the EU and my healthcare in the U.K. is guaranteed as I am a British citizen so have unlimited access to all aspects of the UK system.

That arrived for MrsW in 10 days and was done through her Ameli page.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 14:11

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
or, if like me, you are now registered in the local healthcare system (I am in the French system) I can apply for an EHIC card through that, it is valid throughout the EU and my healthcare in the U.K. is guaranteed as I am a British citizen so have unlimited access to all aspects of the UK system.

That arrived for MrsW in 10 days and was done through her Ameli page.
Dave I wasn't aware of that, as soon as I read your post I accessed my (and my wifes) ameli account and attempted to apply however all I got was the message "Service momentanément indisponible. Veuillez réessayer plus tard ".
As I'm sure you are aware, previously (before the b word fiasco) although in the French system of health care the UK issued the EHIC for us.
Have you actually received your card from them yet?

@bilbaoman, have you actually got a replacement card from Newcastle?

John

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 14:47

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I was unaware that there'd been any agreement on extending EHICs after the end of December.

Sanitas say pensioners from the UK residing in other EU countries will continue to be covered under EHIC: https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog...st-brexit.html
eurajohn likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 10-11-2020 at 14:52.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 14:48

Personal Aire
MrsW found the same repeatedly, but eventually it worked, the card was delivered 10 days later via the Post.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 14:51

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Quote:
MrsW found the same repeatedly, but eventually it worked, the card was delivered 10 days later via the Post.
Dave I'm possibly dreaming but thought I could remember your wife having dual nationality or some such.?

John
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 15:01

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
I was unaware that there'd been any agreement on extending EHICs after the end of December.

Sanitas say pensioners from the UK residing in other EU countries will continue to be covered under EHIC: https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog...st-brexit.html

If you are registered in the local system, the U.K. is not involved, I think there has been some sort of agreement about some level of cover for expats, but do not have any details.

Yes, she has German as well, but the French system is unaware of that as there has, as yet, been no need to inform them.
eurajohn likes this.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 15:01

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy;312126[B
9]I was unaware that there'd been any agreement on extending EHICs after the end of December.[/B]

The new EHIC card is only available to residents of EEA countries who are eligible and have received and applied for an S1 form.

The information I received from DHSS said one could apply for an EHIC card but did not say the old ones expired at 31st Dec 2020 so one must apply to have a new one for after that daye. Mine old one is valid till 2025 so I had not realised I needed the new one, till I phoned Newcastle this morning.

Geoff
Penquin and raynipper like this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 15:10

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Quote:
If you are registered in the local system, the U.K. is not involved, I think there has been some sort of agreement about some level of cover for expats, but do not have any details.
Yes, that's right, but if one, or even two, is/are depending on a UK issued EHIC card (applied for by contacting an office in Newcastle) to give them access to health care then it does seem that the UK just might be involved?

Of course what the EHIC entitles people to is not full health care in another country, merely emergency or urgent treatment.

My reading is that those of retirement age with residency in an EU country and who currently have health care in that country courtesy of S1 the UK will issue an EHIC which will remain valid after 1st Jan.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
The Following User Says Thank You to erneboy For This Useful Post:
Penquin (10-11-2020)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2020, 17:21

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We applied and got our UK EHIC cards last year and valid to 2024.
As we are in the French system under the S1 pensioners and have a Carte Vitale we assumed the EHIC card would be valid in any other EU country except France.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page