Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Continental Touring Info (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/37-continental-touring-info/)
-   -   Crossing a Land Border into France (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/37-continental-touring-info/239523-crossing-land-border-into-france.html)

thesimmokid 21-08-2020 10:21

Crossing a Land Border into France
 
I am a Brit who is resident in Spain. I am planning to travel to France in my motorhome in two weeks' time to visit family who live there. I will most likely cross the border near San Sebastian.

I was just wondering if anybody has had recent (i.e. from the start of August 2020 onwards) experience of crossing a land border into France, especially from Spain. In particular, was there any paperwork to complete, were there any checks, were there locals waiting for 'foreigners' with burning torches and pitchforks, etc, etc? The French Government website has some information (in English) and self-declaration forms, but they seem to be exclusively for air travellers.

Thanks in advance.

raynipper 21-08-2020 10:44

Nope, all clear as far as I have heard.

Ray.

bilbaoman 21-08-2020 14:22

At the present time there is no restrictions between any Shengen country you will have to fill in the UK form on line up to 48 hours before entry and quarantine for 14 days

nicholsong 21-08-2020 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbaoman (Post 3108847)
At the present time there is no restrictions between any Shengen country you will have to fill in the UK form on line up to 48 hours before entry and quarantine for 14 days


I also doubt that there are any personnel at border posts who could check anything.


Geoff

JanHank 21-08-2020 16:01

A friend passed through To France from Spain 2 days ago In a Motorhome with no problem

thesimmokid 21-08-2020 16:38

Thank you for the quick replies. All seems well. French red wine, smelly cheese and pain aux raisins here we come!

I am not sure, however, what Bilbaoman means by 'the UK form'. I guess that would solely be for people coming from the UK. Likewise, I guess it's only people returning to the UK who would have to quarantine. Mercifully, neither applies to me.

nicholsong 21-08-2020 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesimmokid (Post 3108875)
Thank you for the quick replies. All seems well. French red wine, smelly cheese and pain aux raisins here we come!

I am not sure, however, what Bilbaoman means by 'the UK form'. I guess that would solely be for people coming from the UK. Likewise, I guess it's only people returning to the UK who would have to quarantine. Mercifully, neither applies to me.


I think bibaoman thought the traveller was going onwards to UK, not just to France, as the OP said.

bilbaoman 21-08-2020 20:16

dont forget to fill up at Easygas Irun 24 cents per litre cheaper than in France

thesimmokid 22-08-2020 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbaoman (Post 3108915)
dont forget to fill up at Easygas Irun 24 cents per litre cheaper than in France

Thanks for that. That makes good sense to me, not least as the savings could well pay for a fair bit of smelly cheese, etc!

raynipper 22-08-2020 13:52

Have the Auchan Gasolinera Alcampo at Irun fixed into both sat navs and try to fill either way as it's always cheaper.
The Mac Donalds is total crap but we use their loos. Walking round the supermarket gives us an exercise break.

https://goo.gl/maps/DzEpa43oaLeAVozp9

Ray.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome