Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Continental Touring Info (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/37-continental-touring-info/)
-   -   Social Distancing (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/37-continental-touring-info/239387-social-distancing.html)

bc109 09-08-2020 07:51

Social Distancing

Left Bilbao for the UK a few days ago. The "Form" to fill in before arriving in the UK could only be completed online.
Lots of joy from Dorli whose fingers on a smartphone are much smaller than mine.
The number of details required suggest that this is more like a Big Data opportunity than a necessary step to take.
Now enjoying sweltering heat about 10 degrees cooler than the Costa Blanca.
Daughter's wild flower front garden is an absolute triumph.
Enjoyed Emsworth Bluebell pub fish and chips. Delivered of course.
Only two minor items fell apart on our old Hymer. One spare item already ordered for a 17 year old fridge !
Now that's quality support.
Bill

jiwawa 09-08-2020 18:33

Are you having to quarantine Bill?

bc109 10-08-2020 10:16

Yes, quaranting now Maam !
Outside our eldest daughter's house, living in the Hymer.
Being spoilt rotten and and drinking required amounts of beer/wine to stave off the effects of the heatwave.
Dorli is busy dead-heading the wild flower garden. Anything concerning cooking or gardening keeps her very happy

I have just finished my ironing on the tiny tabletop ironing board. Needless to say....not up to my usual top standards.
Lovely neighbours all round. Dog walkers galore;folks doing shopping for others.
Internet working well.
We will be here until the 19th of the month and then off to a camping site ordered months ago.Internet will then cease.

New Forest beckons later.
What a life !
Bill

GMLS 10-08-2020 21:17

We came back from France last week and although they said it should be completed online, forms were available from the desk on board. They can't assume literally everyone has online access

jiwawa 10-08-2020 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc109 (Post 3106693)
Yes, quaranting now Maam !

What a life !
Bill

Sounds idyllic!

rayc 11-08-2020 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMLS (Post 3106855)
We came back from France last week and although they said it should be completed online, forms were available from the desk on board. They can't assume literally everyone has online access

Anyone know if this is possible with EuroTunnel? Are the forms checked in France or UK?