Closing down again - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 14:08

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,003 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
Wise decision Barry

The weather hasnít been great lately up North though

This weekend looks to be dry if cloudy

Looks like we may get the thunderstorms without the sunshine

Sandra
I could have happily stayed at home Sandra to be honest. I hate to say it but I actually enjoyed Lockdown here. I had forgotten what a fantastic area the Dales is and having it to ourselves for months was selfishly wonderful. Its still quiet now though really. I can ride for miles across the hills and hardly see a soul.

My worry is Ive got too used to it and even Flamborough will feel busy in comparison. If I drive into Barnard Castle or Richmond i cant stand the crowds and rarely get out of the car or off the bike.

Still, I intend to do a bit of Kayaking in the North Sea around Bridlington bay and flamborough head, bit of cycling and a lot of scootering. Same as here really, just a different location. Just hope I can lose some bloody weight!!
raynipper and aldra like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 17:41

I feel the same about lockdown. I have actually quite enjoyed it. No unexpected visitors. Quiet roads etc. I wonder sometimes if we go out and about to pubs and restaurants because we feel boring if we don't. Having a real dilemma over our local pub. I would hate to see it close but cannot summon up the enthusiasm to go out for a £10 discount meal. That is from me a person who hates cooking with a passion!
raynipper likes this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 14:04

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We rarely eat out or visit pubs

Mostly because we no longer have a local pub and I think that meeting the regulars was one of the advantages of going out

We were looking forward to travelling around England and Wales, eating out in pubs as part of our holiday , but sadly that seems unlikely now

Still might consider some touring in September if the rush on campsites has died down by then

We are once again in lockdown which to be honest changes little for us except we remain in isolation from family and friends

The Dales are beautiful Barry but as they say a change is as good as a rest so enjoy your holiday break

Sandra
patp and barryd like this.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 19:19

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Pubs for me were something I did when I was young(er). A crowd of you ripping it up, holding court in the bar and generally misbehaving (not in a bad way). I missed all that long before Covid came along. I cant see the point in the two of us going into a bar and paying nearly a tenner for two drinks just to sit on our own talking when we can do that here or in the garden.

I used to love our local here years ago when I would be out all week working all over the country. Pile in on a Friday night until the early hours with the rest of the village delinquents but those days are long gone. Sadly.
patp and aldra like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 19:23

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
I could have happily stayed at home Sandra to be honest. I hate to say it but I actually enjoyed Lockdown here. I had forgotten what a fantastic area the Dales is and having it to ourselves for months was selfishly wonderful. Its still quiet now though really. I can ride for miles across the hills and hardly see a soul.

My worry is Ive got too used to it and even Flamborough will feel busy in comparison. If I drive into Barnard Castle or Richmond i cant stand the crowds and rarely get out of the car or off the bike.

Still, I intend to do a bit of Kayaking in the North Sea around Bridlington bay and flamborough head, bit of cycling and a lot of scootering. Same as here really, just a different location. Just hope I can lose some bloody weight!!
Wish it was that quiet around here

https://www.shropshirestar.com/enter...-waste-dumped/
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 19:46

Just read that the three hospitals in Norfolk have had no Covid deaths for two months and no Covid related admissions for a month. Feeling safe
raynipper and aldra like this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 20:31

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glandwr View Post
We have had similar though after the restrictions were lifted in a few hot spots. Low force in upper Teesdale was completely trashed and the road blocked with cars so people couldnt get home and an ambulance could not get through to an accident (only one road) and at Richmond falls they had to call in the army to deal with the morons from Teesside who came and did similar. Teesdale and the North Yorkshire Dales are massive though so its easy to get away from it all. One things for sure, this crisis has certainly shown just how many low lifes there are.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 21:38 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Charisma
I'm not going abroad. But I'm not sitting at home either.

Currently in my MH driving around on my own. Mostly keeping myself alone, but visited my friend and we had a good chat and a drink outside in her garden. Properly distanced and no hugging. A bit weird and nice at the same time.
Glandwr, patp, raynipper and 1 others like this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 14-08-2020, 19:52

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We are thinking it would be nice

But once again we are in lockdown

Come Sept if the schools go back maybe the rush on campsites will cease

And we may venture forth

I really need to practise on my electric cycle

Sandra
Christine600 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page