French borders closing? - Page 29 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 303 (permalink) Old 23-03-2020, 23:45

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Pat, there's notice out from the FO that anyone travelling abroad is strongly advised to return now while commercial routes are still available.
raynipper likes this.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 303 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 10:27

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Pat, there's notice out from the FO that anyone travelling abroad is strongly advised to return now while commercial routes are still available.

This the link with the Exceptional Travel Advice;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-a...el-coronavirus

But, it primarily refers to airline passengers..... it does raise the problem of local notices and the need to comply.......

Sadly, it is perhaps not comprehensive as it seems to have totally ignored road transport and the availability of a means to cross the Channel.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #283 of 303 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 13:52

They probably don't want the old MH fraternity back Dave!

Jean

post #284 of 303 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 15:06

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Can you blame them Jean.?

https://www.facebook.com/10001260579...156785636/?t=2

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #285 of 303 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 18:45

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Where is Pat no postings today is she enroute for the UK???
post #286 of 303 (permalink) Old 24-03-2020, 18:50

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
We would hope so and making progress.

Ray.
bilbaoman likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #287 of 303 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 12:39 Thread Starter

No, still here. We have had heavy rain so everything wet

Our notice to leave the campsite became official and we are to vacate by 26th. It is dry today so packing up is going ahead now.

Had an appointment at the vet for pet passport (she post dates it and gives you the tablet to administer at the correct time). We decided that, though I haven't needed to drive the truck over here, it would make sense for me to go. My navigation skills are not good and neither are my numerical skills. I got lost. Eventually found a dog charity shop I recognised as being close to the vet's. I stopped to ask directions. Pinoso is a nightmare of one way streets. All the small businesses are dotted around miles from each other. All roads look the same.
Georgia, in spite of having had a walk, decided, at his point, to poop on the pavement. As I had changed into "town" clothes I had not one poo bag about my person! I had even left behind the emergency ones kept in the treat pouch. Anyway, I did my best by kicking it into the gutter Having found the vet's surgery, I entered and disinfected my hands and put the surgical gloves on. Georgia was most concerned that I, now, did not smell right! A cat appeared and tormented her, by rubbing round her legs (!), but she was really good.
Vet did the necessary and I went to pay with our Travel Money Card. The pin on it is very, very similar to our debit card. So similar that, for the life of me, I can never remember it! I tried a couple of combinations and explained my problem and that I would have to ring for assistance. Couldn't find the phone, when I found it we had fun trying to ring each other back because he missed the first call!
Number learned I recited it all the way back to the vet's and finished the transaction!

On the journey back to the campsite I got stopped by the police! I had seen her stop another car and thought I had escaped her clutches but no. I held up a campsite leaflet and did my best to explain the purpose of my visit to town. She
spoke a little English and understood that I would be leaving the country tomorrow!!! Not before time the way my day is going
The Following User Says Thank You to patp For This Useful Post:
Penquin (25-03-2020)
post #288 of 303 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 16:45

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
I see the most direct route is AP7 A9 A75 A71 A28 1830km all motorway so should take about 21 hour driving i understand if you have a booking for the tunnel they will put you on the next avl train no matter what date your ticket is of cause you are limited to what date you have on the dogs passport good look and stay safe
erneboy, patp and Penquin like this.
post #289 of 303 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 17:42 Thread Starter

Thanks, that is the rough plan we have formed. Pete4x4 used the same route. He set out a couple of hours North of us so we won't make his first stopover of Meze in France. Our problem is finding somewhere in Spain the first night. I have looked on Park4Night but there are so many, now, that it is hard to see the wood for the trees! Will just have to see where we are at lunchtime and plan from there. There is a possible one near a hermitage near Salou.
Once in France will do the same thing with CampingCarPark.
pete4x4 and Penquin like this.
post #290 of 303 (permalink) Old 25-03-2020, 17:49

Gosh Pat, you've had a stressful day!

Google maps on a smartphone - hard to beat and always with you!
patp likes this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page