French borders closing? - Page 27 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

315Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #261 of 311 (permalink) Old 21-03-2020, 16:51

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Not acceptable in Germany, I now have an ID, but it is only acceptable in Germany, cross the border into Poland and I need my passport.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 311 (permalink) Old 21-03-2020, 18:17

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Lots of talk on Spanish tv about widespread road closures after more than 3000 fines and 300 arrests for breaking the movement rules
erneboy likes this.
post #263 of 311 (permalink) Old 21-03-2020, 19:28 Thread Starter

Jean, we leave the campsite on 29th. Tunnel is booked for the 3rd April. We are still trying to get CampingCarPark to accept my certificate of authorisation to travel. If not it will have to be motorway services. Having wild camped for years we are fairly hardy.

post #264 of 311 (permalink) Old 21-03-2020, 19:53

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Thanks Dave.

Would the Police accept a photocopy and a promise to produce the oiginal later, as I do not want to roam the streets with a passport sticking out of my jeans.

Geoff
Simple answer; no.

Like all documents in France it has to be the original and they are not willing to compromise....

I got stopped for a routine vehicle documents and initially produced the Carte Grise (V5 effectively) as a photocopy while I searched.... they waited till I had the original and were then happy....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (21-03-2020)
post #265 of 311 (permalink) Old 21-03-2020, 21:03

Looks like more draconian rules on the way world leaders are complaining that people are not followig the rules in Spain alone police have issued over 30000 fines and arrested more than 300 Australia as had to shut its beaches due to overcrowding.
post #266 of 311 (permalink) Old 22-03-2020, 11:16

My Motorhome: 2012 Bailey Approach 740
Personal Aire
I'm home now, I had no issues with CampingCar parks, I would just go for it, you do not need to fill in their form as you are not fulltiming or using it for business stopovers which is why it was introduced, you should have had an email about that in the last couple of weeks.

You may have identified yourself to CampingCarParks by asking the question although I doubt it will effect your use. You have your own atteststaion for being there which is returning to the uk.
patp likes this.

This is me
post #267 of 311 (permalink) Old 22-03-2020, 11:42 Thread Starter

So pleased for you @pete4x4. Thanks for the update.
The latest rumour is that they are actually going to close campsites.

Our owners told us they were "expecting more news in 5 days" when they announced the shower block closure the other day. They hoped it would be good news but now this rumour sounds like they may be disappointed. If that "5 days" is right then the announcement should be out by about the 24th. I assume we will be given time to gather our belongings etc. Speaking more for others than us as we are doing a clean and tidy in preparation for our departure from here on 29th though the announcement might make us bring that forward.
post #268 of 311 (permalink) Old 22-03-2020, 12:31

You can expect an anoucement soon the interior minister is worried about the number of violations of the present movement rules he may close down campsites but as they dont want people travelling they may force you to stay in lock down remember there is a lot off spanish and foreigners that live permanently on campsites so they cant close them but can isolate them i am afraid we are getting closer to having no freedom of movement at all the Spanish media are calling for stronger action even though it may not be needed
post #269 of 311 (permalink) Old 22-03-2020, 12:42

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I'd be for it around here at least.

Where we live is in the middle of the campo, orange groves mainly. From our roof I can see large groups of pickers tidying the last of the crop and people pruning the trees as happens at this time every year. It looks as though it's work as normal in agriculture around here, not spread out, all in groups. They aren't seen by the authorities because we're rural and they're well off the roads. In nay case perhaps what they're doing, apart form not keeping the correct distance, is permissible. There aren't any sanitising facilities in the campo and hand cleansers etc. were scarce when I looked last week. Anyway these poor people are paid a pittance and probably wouldn't spend the money on it.

You can't blame them too much for carrying on working as it's certain that as they are hired day to day, and mostly are not employed, that they'll have no income if they don't. They probably feel perfectly safe working away in the campo. And if the worked alone they'd probably be right.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 22-03-2020 at 12:56.
post #270 of 311 (permalink) Old 22-03-2020, 12:44

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Camp sites are also closing in Germany, depending on which land (county) you are in because they all have different rules.

The camp site where Heike and Jürgen have their caravan in the Rhineland Pfalz and is only a small site, has closed, they wanted to go to their caravan for the weekend as they usually do to find a red and white barrier, they asked the man who lives at the site (he has no other home to go to) and he told them the Ordnance amt, an office which also deals with health issues, are calling at the site to make sure they are complying to the rules. This started during the week because they were there last weekend, so everything is moving fast here it seems.

Even my village seems to be as quiet as the grave this morning.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page