French borders closing? - Page 20 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

315Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 08:10

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I can send the form as an attachment to your e-mail Pat but you need to print it out somehow. Don't think this will work.

Ray.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Attestation_de_deplacement_derogatoire (1).pdf (37.0 KB, 2 views)

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:06

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
An emergency campsite meeting was called yesterday. The owners have been told to close down and evict all campers. There are only about 10 plots occupied now. They have sent an email to their solicitor to see if they close the toilet and shower block that will suffice to allow those that want to stay to do so. One couple said they were off.

If we have to drive to the tunnel it will take us, roughly, five days. With no sites open and all aires closed (?) what do we do about emptying toilet cassette? We have heard that motorway services are closing their toilets. I can't see that as being true because truck drivers have to be catered for?

We have a lot of experience of French Aires and the majority have no way of restricting access. Most service points on them have just an open flap to cover the cassette emptying drain so will accesible. If the rinse water is turned off then use a bit from your grey-water drain pipe, which is what we do often when we do not need fresh water.

Good luck.

Geoff
erneboy, patp, Penquin and 2 others like this.

Last edited by nicholsong; 19-03-2020 at 09:10.
post #193 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:25

My Motorhome: 2012 Bailey Approach 740
Personal Aire
You can write it out, the important bit to add is Je rentre au Royaume-Uni en voiture

We are using camping-car parks which are open
Crossed the border into France today
patp and raynipper like this.

This is me

post #194 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:25

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
It is perfectly acceptable to write it longhand, it appears you have to have a piece of paper, they have not approved having it on a phone or tablet.

BUT, it needs to be done FOR EACH PERSON SEPARATELY AND MAKE SURE THE DATE IS CORRECT, but they have not said that changing the date would not be accepted.

The fines for NOT having it have already been changed to a level between 135€ and 375€ so it is worth complying.

If you need supplies, the large super and hyper markets often have emptying facilities too - our local LeClerc has such a facility at the fuel station, so it is worth checking there. Aires can rarely be shut off from our experience, although some do have barriers for entry where a fee may be levied, either for a 24h stay, or for use of the facilities. Worth checking.

The Gov.Uk site has issued a warning that travel providers eg ferry companies have changed their service availability - Brittany Ferries being a notable example where from today in the only route that they are operating is Caen to Portsmouth. I have not checked if the tunnel has changed.

Good luck with your journey. Do keep us informed.

patp likes this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #195 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:29

My Motorhome: 2012 Bailey Approach 740
Personal Aire
Sorry you also need name address date of birth reason for being out and about, where you are when you filled it out date and sign it
The title should be Attestation de deplacement derogatoire

You need one for each day of travel

This is me
post #196 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:45

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
If you want to use the CampingCarPark aires Pat, see the link in the 4th paragraph in this page. They have some arrangement with the govt (hopefully this isn't out of date) but you need to fill in a form and email it to them. Maybe get the campsite to print out sufficient copies for daily use in case that's necessary here. You could fill it out then photograph and send that? Obviously you won't be able to scan en route.

Feeling for you with all this stress. Just take it a day at a time.

http://r.mailing.campingcarpark.com/...BlkQIXR2acIwG0
Penquin likes this.

Jean
post #197 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:47

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
If you can't get forms, stop at the 1st police station en route n ask there?

Jean
post #198 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:49

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Sorry you're having to move Pat, but it does sound as though the way of doing it is now harmonised between Spain and France. Good luck with it and keep us posted. Take care and keep your distance.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 19-03-2020 at 10:00.
post #199 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 09:56

My Motorhome: I drive...autoroller
Quote:
An emergency campsite meeting was called yesterday. The owners have been told to close down and evict all campers. There are only about 10 plots occupied now. They have sent an email to their solicitor to see if they close the toilet and shower block that will suffice to allow those that want to stay to do so. One couple said they were off.

If we have to drive to the tunnel it will take us, roughly, five days. With no sites open and all aires closed (?) what do we do about emptying toilet cassette? We have heard that motorway services are closing their toilets. I can't see that as being true because truck drivers have to be catered for?
If you decide to leave i would stick to the motorways and try to be as quick as possible carry enough food and water for the trip get the dogs passport signed before you leave as for the cassete travellers have no problem. An alternitve is to fly out and leave the dog my offer still stands BA are still flying out of Biibao and seats are avl prices up till mon around 100 euros then from tues 500 euros
erneboy likes this.
post #200 of 311 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 10:08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Can anyone help with adding to this travel waiver the missing reason -

"We are travelling to our main place of residence in the United Kingdom" or similar?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...tent=immediate
Ray, do any of those paragraphs say " I am going to my main place of residence" ? My French is very basic but I cannot see any that do?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page