5 days to return from Neuschwanstein Castle - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 00:04 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
5 days to return from Neuschwanstein Castle

Hi,

We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle in August. I am getting stuck on routes back to Calais. I am thinking, stop on route to Titisee at the Rhine Falls, stay a couple of days at Titisee, then not sure where to go. We have 4-5 days. I was thinking after Titisee to go to Europa Park for a day, staying at their campsite (12 year old daughter on board). Also it is worth going to Titisee or should we go to Hohenzollern Castle and drive some of the wine route.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 01:37

My Motorhome: Burstner A747
Europa Park is Brilliant, your 12yr old will love it. Best to arrive either 7.30am ish or around 8pm for the campsite.
If you cannot get on the site there is an excellent aire across from the main entrance where the coaches park. Itís a little bit hidden. Itís a 5 min walk to the campsite and you can still use all their facilities. In fact, I think I would prefer to park at the aire.

Enjoy

Frank

Last edited by fdhadi; 26-06-2019 at 01:39.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 10:13

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,013 Times in 878 Posts
Personal Aire
Both Titisee and the Rhine falls are well worth a visit. Titisee is very touristy but quite magical. Its special to me as I went there as a teenager as part of a summer European tour with my parents. They are about an hour apart I think. You used to be able to park up overnight at the Rhine falls in a motorhome quite cheaply but you might want to check that one as I Think things may have changed but its spectacular.

I am guess your going to come west from Fussen (Neuschwanstein Castle) and along the Bodensee (Lake Konstance) which itself has some great places. Meersberg would be my choice on the way up. The German side is far better than the Swiss side IMO. Bodman is a good stop over right at the top end (about 6 euros overnight in the car park and easy access to the village and lake).

The road from Fussen to Lindau on the Bodensee is also a fantastic drive. Alpine Strasse (or however its spelt)

Five days though. You need a couple of weeks for those three.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 11:06

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Forget the Rheinfalls carpark on the Swiss side for overnighting, its now 5chf for the first hour, then 2chf per hr thereafter. Used to be 5chf for 24hrs several years ago, that's inflation for you. There is a free carpark on the German side, look on Park4night.

Pete
HurricaneSmith and barryd like this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 21:26

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
I love Titisee too. It's quite 'Hansel and Gretel'. There's a huge and well signposted pay and display carpark with moho parking area 10 minutes walk from the town. Dont think it's for overnighting but there are several campsites around the perimeter of the lake. Love the little boatride on the lake- a bit like Windermere.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 26-06-2019, 23:00

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,013 Times in 878 Posts
Personal Aire
If thats the one near the station I think you can overnight there but there is a cracking little Stellplatz on the edge of Camping Bankenhof at the other end of the lake. Quite small though so time it well. The site itself is ACSI if your there at the right time of year. I think there are three very near each other. The station car park of course is handier for the town if you dont have transport but you can easy walk or cycle the length of the lake to town down the cycle / footpath. We rowed it one day in the little Yellow Dinghy.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 22:58

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanHymer View Post
I love Titisee too. It's quite 'Hansel and Gretel'. There's a huge and well signposted pay and display carpark with moho parking area 10 minutes walk from the town. Dont think it's for overnighting but there are several campsites around the perimeter of the lake. Love the little boatride on the lake- a bit like Windermere.
Just come back from Titisee and the main car park is 16 euro for MH to overnight if you do not need camp site.
Schluchsee also is nice ( not as touristie as Titisee )and has a main car park for MH Part 10 euro with EHU availible at extra charge and just around
corner free area no hook up. Services in both car parks Titisee and Schluchsee

LT man
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:59

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
all this talk about Germany got me thinking about when i was a lad

my mum was German and my dad was in the army so we lived in Germany a lot as my gran came from a little village near Koln called hider

we lived in senalager, and then herford i remember going to a place called Drachen felz that had donkeys to take us to the top

i really remember Hamel were the pied piper came from in fact we got a rat made of bread as a souvenir and when my mum passed i gladly ended up with it so its nearly 60 years old now

in about 4 weeks time we will be driving up to east Germany to see some friends on a campsite at altwarp which is on the polish border

barry
peejay and raynipper like this.

Last edited by powerplus; 08-07-2019 at 08:05.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:32

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Hi Barry,

Spent a few years in Germany in the 70's at RAF Gutersloh, we used to play silly buggers on excercise in the woods at Sennlager with the Harriers. Also used to be an HGV instructor and we used to go up to Hermans Denkmal and park up there for a tea break. Happy days.

Pete
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:07

My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
hi pete

i remember the name hermans denkmal also monersee where the dambusters dropped the bombs

i just remembered i also lived in sennlager when i was really young i can remember running across the road for an ice cream and headbutting a cars headlight

barry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page