Motorhome Facts Forum banner

LPG availability app for Europe?

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  erneboy 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for an app to locate LPG stations in Europe?

#4 ·
I find fuelflash.eu to be pretty good for the major countries of Europe. Choice of fuels and autogas with variable range of search. It’s prices are updated pretty regularly (daily, I think).

I have 2 x 11 kg gasit bottles so don’t need filled too often as our trips tend to max out at 6 to 7 weeks, but not had a let down with fuelflash. To be fair, I think the locations where it is available are more reliable than what we hear about stations in the Uk being in decline.

Davy

#9 ·
I didn't know that Kay, so just checked my version which I can confirm shows only LPG pumps. Though it's not always accurate as old ones close and new ones open.

Maybe there's an option in the app to choose what it shows or maybe there's more than one app depending on what's wanted.

#10 ·
I'll look. Mine shows my local Calor gas depot which only sells bottled to the public although probably have a mahoosive pump to fill their own bottles

#11 ·
I've just looked and mine definately shows my local Calor depot, I'm quite familiar with whats available in my area and I'm sure some of the stations listed sell Calor but don't have an LPG pump but I'm not driving round them to check. I have a local Morrisons which does us... as long as people don't keep emailing them to ask if it's allowed :grin2:

#12 ·
Let the app developer know Kay. I very much doubt that's his intention. I believe it's only intended to list pumps where vehicles can fill. Perhaps there's someone local to you who's misunderstood and has posted the wrong kind of info.

#14 ·
Yes the one drawback I have found so far which Barry pointed out in post 3 is that the app also shows LPG bottle stockists. Have checked my local area & the Calor Depot is listed. As stated by others short of visiting each station there seems to be no way of knowing. But still looks to be a useful travel tool.

#17 ·
Here's the reply:

Matija Matvoz - myLPG.eu <info@mylpg.eu>
Tue 02/07/2019 13:49
Hello Alan,

thank you for your kind words. I hope you had no problems finding fuel on your travel.
At the moment it is the plan to have only stations where you can refill LPG in vehicles.

Kind regards,
Matija Matvoz
myLPG.eu

So if people are posting gas bottle vendors they are doing it in error. Matija would probably like to know about any wrongly posted sites so he can remove them from the app.

We've used the app all over Europe and as far as I recall we haven't been misdirected to a bottle gas vendor. Perhaps a few people in England have misunderstood the intention. It may just be one person who's a bit eager to help. I know because I always send details of new sites when I find out about them and over the last few years in Spain that's been quite a few.

We use quite a bit of gas having an 8.1 litre petrol engine so we fill at least once everyday when travelling.Here's the reply.

#20 · (Edited)
No. It's a petrol engine with an LPG conversion.

To unwater your eyes a bit Jean. It gives around 10mpg so with gas at half the price of petrol (or diesel) we get the cost equivalent of around 18 to 20 mpg. Given that we tow the car behind us and that we have a huge amount of space we think it's a good deal compared to our previous van which was an 8.5m Frankia based on a 3 litre Fiat which was relatively small and gave no better than 22 mpg.

#21 ·
Yes Alan, the fuel to weight has always been good for large RVs. Even our 14 ton 9.2L Cummins diesels got 10 imp mpg.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.