Going to Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic or Slovenia? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 15:07 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eurajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mayenne France
My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Posts: 2,763
Thanks: 39
Thanked 175 Times in 152 Posts
Going to Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic or Slovenia?

Any one planning a trip to any of the above may find the below useful.
I have copied the info from a German site.

Whoever travels a lot in the neighbouring countries of Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic or in Slovenia, but has not yet got a new annual vignette, should hurry, because since February 1, only the new 2019 versions are recognised.
If you can not show a valid vignette or if you have not attached it properly to the windscreen, you have to expect some drastic fines. The most expensive is in Slovenia, where threaten up to 500 euros. In Austria, such tolls cost from 120 euros - with unauthorised manipulation of the vignette, the replacement charge is twice. In Switzerland around 180 euros plus vignette costs and in the Czech Republic penalties from 200 euros are due.
In Austria, the tolls increased in 2019. The new price for the annual passenger car sticker is 89,20 Euro (+ 1,90 Euro), for two months 26,80 Euro (+ 60 Cent) and the 10-day-ticket now costs 9,20 Euro (+ 20 Euro) Cent). In Switzerland, the annual vignette for motorists from Germany was due to the exchange rate by 75 cents more expensive and costs since October 36.50 euros.
In Slovenia, prices remain stable: for one year car toll 110 euros are due, for one month 30 euros and for seven days 15 euros. The toll for the Czech Republic amounts to 59.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for the annual vignette, 17.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for one month and 12.50 Euro for 10 days.
Annual vignettes and the corresponding short-term versions are available in all ADAC branches and on the internet at www.adac-shop.de as well as by telephone at 0 800 5 10 11 12 (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 8 pm).

.
HurricaneSmith and aldra like this.

John
eurajohn is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eurajohn For This Useful Post:
aldra (08-02-2019), HurricaneSmith (10-02-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 21:20
Senior Member
 
Mrplodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Weymouth
My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Posts: 8,693
Thanks: 100
Thanked 465 Times in 391 Posts
And they can ALL come here and use our roads for?

Nothing!!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if itís in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
Mrplodd is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 14:25
Senior Member
 
HermanHymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kirby Cane, Suffolk
My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Posts: 3,477
Thanks: 245
Thanked 227 Times in 213 Posts
And diesel's cheaper here mostly!

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
HermanHymer is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 14:26
Senior Member
 
HermanHymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kirby Cane, Suffolk
My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Posts: 3,477
Thanks: 245
Thanked 227 Times in 213 Posts
Oh well, we're gonna need all the forex we can get!

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
HermanHymer is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 16:14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belfast
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Posts: 5,538
Thanks: 193
Thanked 291 Times in 278 Posts
Is that required ONLY for using toll roads? - if you stay off toll roads you don't need a vignette?
JanHank likes this.

Jean
jiwawa is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 17:06 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eurajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mayenne France
My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Posts: 2,763
Thanks: 39
Thanked 175 Times in 152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
And they can ALL come here and use our roads for?

Nothing!!

Andy
For bigger vehicles it would appear that is not the case. https://www.dkv-euroservice.com/gb/s...great-britain/

.
erneboy likes this.

John
eurajohn is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 18:59
Senior Member
 
raynipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Posts: 18,513
Thanks: 905
Thanked 312 Times in 292 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
The amount of money the exchequer take off the UK motorist, funds the NHS. Probably.


Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
raynipper is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 00:31
Senior Member
 
HurricaneSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Sussex
My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Posts: 2,472
Thanks: 273
Thanked 115 Times in 112 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Any one planning a trip to any of the above may find the below useful.
I have copied the info from a German site.

Whoever travels a lot in the neighbouring countries of Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic or in Slovenia, but has not yet got a new annual vignette, should hurry, because since February 1, only the new 2019 versions are recognised.
If you can not show a valid vignette or if you have not attached it properly to the windscreen, you have to expect some drastic fines. The most expensive is in Slovenia, where threaten up to 500 euros. In Austria, such tolls cost from 120 euros - with unauthorised manipulation of the vignette, the replacement charge is twice. In Switzerland around 180 euros plus vignette costs and in the Czech Republic penalties from 200 euros are due.
In Austria, the tolls increased in 2019. The new price for the annual passenger car sticker is 89,20 Euro (+ 1,90 Euro), for two months 26,80 Euro (+ 60 Cent) and the 10-day-ticket now costs 9,20 Euro (+ 20 Euro) Cent). In Switzerland, the annual vignette for motorists from Germany was due to the exchange rate by 75 cents more expensive and costs since October 36.50 euros.
In Slovenia, prices remain stable: for one year car toll 110 euros are due, for one month 30 euros and for seven days 15 euros. The toll for the Czech Republic amounts to 59.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for the annual vignette, 17.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for one month and 12.50 Euro for 10 days.
Annual vignettes and the corresponding short-term versions are available in all ADAC branches and on the internet at www.adac-shop.de as well as by telephone at 0 800 5 10 11 12 (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 8 pm).

.
Gosh.. That's news to me.

I was going to head that way this year. Now I think I might do what others do and spend my money in a more reasonably minded country.

If true, they clearly don't put any value on tourism.

.
.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
HurricaneSmith is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 11:31
Senior Member
 
salomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Andorra / France (47)
My Motorhome: Le Voyageur RX Platinum 2011
Posts: 737
Thanks: 14
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Is that required ONLY for using toll roads? - if you stay off toll roads you don't need a vignette?
Correct.
We were in Slovenia, Czechia and Austria in December. We avoided toll roads and encountered no problems.
HurricaneSmith likes this.
salomon is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 14:52
ob1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kent
My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
Posts: 1,492
Thanks: 16
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
I believe that the Swiss vignette for under 3500kg vehicles is still SF40.00 (about £32.00) which it has been for donkey's years. It gives unlimited mileage for a year and when compared to some of its neigbouring countries is an absolute bargain in my book. £32.00 would last you just over a fortnight getting across the Thames using the Dartford Crossing on a daily return basis, and then only if you had an account.

Ron
H1-GBV likes this.

A fool and his money are soon partying.
ob1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome