Going to Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic or Slovenia? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 15:07 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Going to Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic or Slovenia?

Any one planning a trip to any of the above may find the below useful.
I have copied the info from a German site.

Whoever travels a lot in the neighbouring countries of Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic or in Slovenia, but has not yet got a new annual vignette, should hurry, because since February 1, only the new 2019 versions are recognised.
If you can not show a valid vignette or if you have not attached it properly to the windscreen, you have to expect some drastic fines. The most expensive is in Slovenia, where threaten up to 500 euros. In Austria, such tolls cost from 120 euros - with unauthorised manipulation of the vignette, the replacement charge is twice. In Switzerland around 180 euros plus vignette costs and in the Czech Republic penalties from 200 euros are due.
In Austria, the tolls increased in 2019. The new price for the annual passenger car sticker is 89,20 Euro (+ 1,90 Euro), for two months 26,80 Euro (+ 60 Cent) and the 10-day-ticket now costs 9,20 Euro (+ 20 Euro) Cent). In Switzerland, the annual vignette for motorists from Germany was due to the exchange rate by 75 cents more expensive and costs since October 36.50 euros.
In Slovenia, prices remain stable: for one year car toll 110 euros are due, for one month 30 euros and for seven days 15 euros. The toll for the Czech Republic amounts to 59.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for the annual vignette, 17.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for one month and 12.50 Euro for 10 days.
Annual vignettes and the corresponding short-term versions are available in all ADAC branches and on the internet at www.adac-shop.de as well as by telephone at 0 800 5 10 11 12 (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 8 pm).

HurricaneSmith and aldra like this.

John
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eurajohn For This Useful Post:
aldra (08-02-2019), HurricaneSmith (10-02-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 21:20

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
And they can ALL come here and use our roads for?

Nothing!!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if itís in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 14:25

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
And diesel's cheaper here mostly!

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 14:26

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Oh well, we're gonna need all the forex we can get!

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 16:14

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Is that required ONLY for using toll roads? - if you stay off toll roads you don't need a vignette?
JanHank likes this.

Jean
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 17:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
And they can ALL come here and use our roads for?

Nothing!!

Andy
For bigger vehicles it would appear that is not the case. https://www.dkv-euroservice.com/gb/s...great-britain/

erneboy likes this.

John
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 18:59

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
The amount of money the exchequer take off the UK motorist, funds the NHS. Probably.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 00:31

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Any one planning a trip to any of the above may find the below useful.
I have copied the info from a German site.

Whoever travels a lot in the neighbouring countries of Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic or in Slovenia, but has not yet got a new annual vignette, should hurry, because since February 1, only the new 2019 versions are recognised.
If you can not show a valid vignette or if you have not attached it properly to the windscreen, you have to expect some drastic fines. The most expensive is in Slovenia, where threaten up to 500 euros. In Austria, such tolls cost from 120 euros - with unauthorised manipulation of the vignette, the replacement charge is twice. In Switzerland around 180 euros plus vignette costs and in the Czech Republic penalties from 200 euros are due.
In Austria, the tolls increased in 2019. The new price for the annual passenger car sticker is 89,20 Euro (+ 1,90 Euro), for two months 26,80 Euro (+ 60 Cent) and the 10-day-ticket now costs 9,20 Euro (+ 20 Euro) Cent). In Switzerland, the annual vignette for motorists from Germany was due to the exchange rate by 75 cents more expensive and costs since October 36.50 euros.
In Slovenia, prices remain stable: for one year car toll 110 euros are due, for one month 30 euros and for seven days 15 euros. The toll for the Czech Republic amounts to 59.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for the annual vignette, 17.50 Euro (- 50 Cent) for one month and 12.50 Euro for 10 days.
Annual vignettes and the corresponding short-term versions are available in all ADAC branches and on the internet at www.adac-shop.de as well as by telephone at 0 800 5 10 11 12 (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 8 pm).

Gosh.. That's news to me.

I was going to head that way this year. Now I think I might do what others do and spend my money in a more reasonably minded country.

If true, they clearly don't put any value on tourism.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 11:31

My Motorhome: Le Voyageur RX Platinum 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Is that required ONLY for using toll roads? - if you stay off toll roads you don't need a vignette?
Correct.
We were in Slovenia, Czechia and Austria in December. We avoided toll roads and encountered no problems.
HurricaneSmith likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 14:52
ob1

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
I believe that the Swiss vignette for under 3500kg vehicles is still SF40.00 (about £32.00) which it has been for donkey's years. It gives unlimited mileage for a year and when compared to some of its neigbouring countries is an absolute bargain in my book. £32.00 would last you just over a fortnight getting across the Thames using the Dartford Crossing on a daily return basis, and then only if you had an account.

Ron
H1-GBV likes this.

A fool and his money are soon partying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page