Using the ACSI app offline - problems - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pudsey_Bear
  • 1 Post By ChrisandJohn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 13:27 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
Using the ACSI app offline - problems

This must be about the fourth year we've used the ACSI camping card app. It should have the advantage of being usable offline but this year's app keeps requiring me to log-in when I open it, which of course means I need to be online. I've sent a message to ACSI via their website and but it could take 7 days for them to reply and we're off on our trip on Wednesday. I'll try ringing them after the weekend, but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and solved it, and if so, how?

Two other problems: I need to change the email address that is used to log-in and can't find a way to do that, also when I zoom in on the map it disappears, leaving the campsite icons without a context.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 16:32

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. I have had the odd issue in the past that has been cured by doing so. Worth a try!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, it’s in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrplodd For This Useful Post:
ChrisandJohn (27-08-2018)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 17:22 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. I have had the odd issue in the past that has been cured by doing so. Worth a try!

Andy
Thanks, that's a version of turn it off and turn it on again, which I admit does often solve a problem.

Did you have any problems acquiring the maps when you reinstalled the app? I must admit I'm a bit wary that I'll end up with a new app but no campsites. This is probably because each year when I've installed the app and maps I've never found it a straightforward process.

Chris

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 10:16

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn View Post
Thanks, that's a version of turn it off and turn it on again, which I admit does often solve a problem.

Did you have any problems acquiring the maps when you reinstalled the app? I must admit I'm a bit wary that I'll end up with a new app but no campsites. This is probably because each year when I've installed the app and maps I've never found it a straightforward process.

Chris
I've done this before. The only problem is you have to download the latest maps again which is a pain but solves the problem.

Terry

Teljoy
The Following User Says Thank You to teljoy For This Useful Post:
ChrisandJohn (27-08-2018)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 14:03

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
So many apps that have info you need when out and about don't work offline, I wonder if it's because they don't know how, or if the data is too large and would not fit on most peoples phones, I have a 128gb micro SD in mine, mainly for picture storage, but I allow the apps use it too
ChrisandJohn likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 14:46 Thread Starter

Well, problem solved, but it was all my fault! It looks like in settings I misinterpreted the toggle switch, thinking it was offline when it was online and vice versa. And, yes, I feel really foolish. It's because of the two positions one appears to be 'off' and the other 'on' in that it is either greyed out or is green. I had assumed that the grey was off (i.e. offline) and the green was on (online) whereas it is the other way round.

Well anyway, going to the app store meant I came across the ACSI campsite app (presumably all their campsites not just the ones in the camping card scheme) and it also has motorhome stops, so I now have that too. So, thanks Mr Plodd for that suggestion.

Kev, now I've got it sorted I know it will work well offline, in has in previous years. I have the app on my iPad, which has a preloaded 3 sim so it won't be too much problem going on line with it even when we're travelling, but would obviously not want to waste my data on it if I can be offline.

Chris
Pudsey_Bear likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 16:27

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
It's no use to me just yet, maybe next year.

Do they do a preview version?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page